Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Sesame Dragon Chicken page 2

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, ladies, I am adding this to my menu this week!

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Curlygirl, thank you for this!

I made it tonight, using almond butter (since that's what I had on hand), coconut aminos (which I just recently finally found, and was the first time using), and had to omit the ginger as I didn't have any. After removing some of the pan juices and adding the sauce, it was actually too thick (perhaps as the consistency of almond butter is thicker than tahini) so I added a bit of chicken stock to thin it up nicely, and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil for more flavor. I also sprinkled some sesame seeds on top when serving.

Fantastic. Served on top of steamed cauliflower, and on rice for the kids. The 15 year old (who does not like almond butter, but I didn't tell him it was in it, heheh) balked at the red peppers, but cleaned his plate entirely. Not even sure he noticed the onion, which he also doesn't prefer, despite being rather coarsely chopped. Definitely a hit, both hubby and kid want it again. The 17 year old has his share stashed in the fridge for later since he's at work, but I know he'll be highly impressed too. He is working as a line cook in a nice restaurant and is learning to appreciate interesting flavor combinations.

Really, really tasty, and easy to make. I highly recommend it. Next time I might pick up the tahini and give that a whirl.

WOOT! Sounds great! Extra sesame oil was a nice touch too.
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Made this tonight. Only minor change was that I used coconut oil to saute the chicken. Husband liked it a lot and there is enough left over for another meal. This is a keeper. I think it would very nice made with beef, too.

Oh, one other thing I did, too: bought the cutlet-sliced chicken breast and saved myself the pounding, as they are already about 1/3 to 1/2 thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by BratKat View Post
    Made this tonight. Only minor change was that I used coconut oil to saute the chicken. Husband liked it a lot and there is enough left over for another meal. This is a keeper. I think it would very nice made with beef, too.
    sweet! Nice thought on the cutlet-sliced breasts. Were they tender? The thing I might love best about pounding is how tender the meat gets. Beef is a good idea too! Maybe with some extra sesame oil and garnished w/sesame seeds?

Yes, the cutlets were tender-- I was a little concerned that they would be a little tougher than if I had hammered them, but they were fine (I was careful not to overcook). I think that I will try a beef version next time and use a little sesame oil (since I have some in the cupboard).

Thanks for all the great recipe ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by bratkat View Post
    yes, the cutlets were tender-- i was a little concerned that they would be a little tougher than if i had hammered them, but they were fine (i was careful not to overcook). I think that i will try a beef version next time and use a little sesame oil (since i have some in the cupboard).

Thanks for all the great recipe ideas!
    yw <3

winterzodiac is offline Junior Member
    This looks great, I will try it next week! I've only been primal for about a month & couldn't find or make any nut butter (no blender ...yet). I kinda gave up on having any peanut flavored substitutes.

I completely forgot about Tahini and after googling, I realize I can use it for many recipes, even yummy desserts! Yay, I'm excited!
    Winterzodiac F, 31, 5'2"
    HW: 230lbs (approx), size 22
    SW Paleo: 155lbs (7/31/12)
    CW: 155 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs/Sz 10 and to fit into a cute Halloween costume this year!

My Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63367.html

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Woah! Another great recipe from Paleo Musings! I can't wait to try it. We had your meatloaf the other night but with turkey subbed for pork (because we keep kosher so no pork at home). It was still delish.

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Woah! Another great recipe from Paleo Musings! I can't wait to try it. We had your meatloaf the other night but with turkey subbed for pork (because we keep kosher so no pork at home). It was still delish.
    I bet turkey worked well! I'll have to give that a try too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12