Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with my flat ass page

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member

Help with my flat ass

Shop Now
    You read that right - not a fat ass, a FLAT ass. I've been Primal for two years now and have seen such great results. I'm strong and lean and feeling great! But there is an aesthetic issue...my ass is flat and no matter how many squats I do, or Warrior poses, or kettle bell swings or flying dogs, I'm not really getting great results unless I flex my glutes all the time. Also, I notice that when I do too much toning on my glutes my tailbone seems to scrunch up and it gets really sore - sometimes it just hurts all the time.

So I think maybe there's some muscle adhesion going on or something (my hamstrings are really tight, FWIW), but I would like the forum's advice on the best and fastest way to remedy this problem! I want to look great naked, and that ain't gonna happen as long as my ass looks so sad! Help!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Great links!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    You read that right - not a fat ass, a FLAT ass. I've been Primal for two years now and have seen such great results. I'm strong and lean and feeling great! But there is an aesthetic issue...my ass is flat and no matter how many squats I do, or Warrior poses, or kettle bell swings or flying dogs, I'm not really getting great results unless I flex my glutes all the time. Also, I notice that when I do too much toning on my glutes my tailbone seems to scrunch up and it gets really sore - sometimes it just hurts all the time.

So I think maybe there's some muscle adhesion going on or something (my hamstrings are really tight, FWIW), but I would like the forum's advice on the best and fastest way to remedy this problem! I want to look great naked, and that ain't gonna happen as long as my ass looks so sad! Help!
    “BODY BY SCIENCE” — ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for these links! I get the stretches in most of my yoga classes and I can see that I need to do more muscle-building. My strength training tends to be with bodyweight since I travel a lot for work and don't belong to a gym. Is bodyweight simply not enough weight to make the grade? Also, to have a great-looking butt do I just need to be flexing all the time? When I don't flex I get flat-tire syndrome back there...tmi but it's true. Will my gluteus build to the point that my butt stands up nicely even when I'm relaxed? I wonder if the flat-tire thing is because the muscles are adhered to the hamstrings or something like that, and getting pulled down.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Squats'n'deads with heavy weight.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Cross-trainers, for me, which happen to work better than running ever did. Glutes can be built through cardio. I'm told I have a very muscular bottom.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat and I've been doing squats with increasingly heavy weight for 2 years now. I think its a genetic thing but I try to look at the bright side - I'm ~30 pounds overweight but my pants aren't too tight in the butt

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem! I have no butt! (Thank God I got my Mom's boobs, or I'd be a sad little tomato shaped person . . . more like a cake pop actually, all round up top and chicken legs).

I will definitely incorporate more of those exercises into my workouts. Hope it helps. Though, I can squat press nearly 300 lbs. as it is (nice quads, but still no butt).

*fingers crossed*
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    You may want to do a review of your posture. Take a look at Esther Gokhale's book. Many people tuck their pelvis when standing which gives the ass a flat appearance and is also bad posture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast