Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HCG diet page

hilton573 is offline Junior Member

HCG diet

Primal Fuel
    I want to know about HCG diet that it has benefits for health or not .
    i need help!
    Last edited by hilton573; 06-02-2012 at 03:33 AM.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Umm no, hCG is not particularly bioavailable through taking it orally, it needs to be injected subcutaneously. And you only lose the weight by eating 500 calories a day. This diet has made womens' hair fall out, not a good thing. Not good at all.

hilton573 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you Codered
    Then why some people give suggestion if it is Not good.
    any reason?

brick is offline Junior Member
    oh, wow...here I am new to this forum and I am jumping into it here...

I used the hhcg to lose 34 pounds before discovering primal lifestyle. My hair did not fall out, in fact my hair got thicker, as did my eyelashes and brows. My skin cleared up...i slept amazingly well...although some friends complained of insomnia I did not. Yes, it is true it is only 500 calories and yes, the first two weeks are really tough adjusting to that...but not impossible...I went from over 150...( because I had no scale at the time but by the time I bought one, and was 3 weeks into the program I had dropped to 148) to 116. I have kept it off for over a year now...but switched to primal in the fall of last year, which given I am perimenopausal and suffer from seasonal allergies...was the best route for maintaining the 116-118 weight range.
    I can honestly say, without the hhcg I could not have lost the weight. My hormones were so screwed up between the anti depressants my doctor had put me on, the over weight number, especially the tummy and hips and thighs, I was just teaming over with estrogen dominance. If I were younger...( soon to be 46) I might have been able to switch to primal and lose the weight, but not at my age, with my issues.
    The hcg and hhcg community is very supportive of the primal lifestyle and it was through them that I discovered primal living.

hope this helps. I was told not to do the hhcg a year before I tried it...I wished I hadn't listened then...it truly helped me get on a good track, a healthy track for my life. the key to remember is after you lose the weight, you have to change your eating habits...as with all food plans...it only works if you make it work...

brick

Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post
    oh, wow...here I am new to this forum and I am jumping into it here...

I used the hhcg to lose 34 pounds before discovering primal lifestyle. My hair did not fall out, in fact my hair got thicker, as did my eyelashes and brows. My skin cleared up...i slept amazingly well...although some friends complained of insomnia I did not. Yes, it is true it is only 500 calories and yes, the first two weeks are really tough adjusting to that...but not impossible...I went from over 150...( because I had no scale at the time but by the time I bought one, and was 3 weeks into the program I had dropped to 148) to 116. I have kept it off for over a year now...but switched to primal in the fall of last year, which given I am perimenopausal and suffer from seasonal allergies...was the best route for maintaining the 116-118 weight range.
    I can honestly say, without the hhcg I could not have lost the weight. My hormones were so screwed up between the anti depressants my doctor had put me on, the over weight number, especially the tummy and hips and thighs, I was just teaming over with estrogen dominance. If I were younger...( soon to be 46) I might have been able to switch to primal and lose the weight, but not at my age, with my issues.
    The hcg and hhcg community is very supportive of the primal lifestyle and it was through them that I discovered primal living.

hope this helps. I was told not to do the hhcg a year before I tried it...I wished I hadn't listened then...it truly helped me get on a good track, a healthy track for my life. the key to remember is after you lose the weight, you have to change your eating habits...as with all food plans...it only works if you make it work...

brick
    hCG cannot be absorbed by the body through oral delivery, it has to be injected to be active. It is not effective for the same reason oral insulin is not effective. You can google that and find dozens of reputable papers on that topic. You would also know that if it HAD been absorbed, your estrogen problems would have become worse over time, as hCG promotes estrogen conversion by manipulating your LH to levels that your body is not accustomed to, which is why many men who actually inject hCG have to space it out in very small doses or use an anti-estrogen to control estrogen conversion.

Did you ever think that you were eating crappy enough and were overweight enough that the crash diet made you sleep better bc for one you just weren't eating a lot and two you weren't eating as much crap. And there have been women who have had their hair fall out, i didn't say everyone.

...your opening salvo has been thoroughly shut down

WOW! extreme hostility! what is up with that...just because you do not have this experience does not mean other's can't be right for them...hhcg is not for everyone but it is not the devil's advocate either.

Since I don't know you, you can't possibly know me or what my diet was before, but I assure you it was not Crappy. At the time I was 90 percent vegetarian... and yes, that did include carbs. i even was working with a nutritionist recommended by my obgyn because of prolong breastfeeding..... I had been on antidepressants for 5 years. Anti depressants commonly cause weight gain. During that time period I also became pregnant and miscarried twice..more hormone fluctuations.

I find your angry response to mine not acceptable. I didn't realize that we all had to subscribe to the same life experience and opinions as yours. I simply offered hilton 573 a different experience so that she can make her own decision. One size does not fit all and what may work for you may not work others...the human body is to varied from person to person.

I would also like to point out that I used hhcg...not hcg...and I clearly typed hhcg...I did not make up my experience and I don't make money on hhcg. I never implied you said everyone's hair fell out, I only relayed my experience with it. Perhaps you might consider a little less hostility to an honestly asked question and a considerate response. Anger does not help anyone...stop spreading so much negativity...it is counter productive to living a happy life.

I suggest you 'google' Pounds and Inches by Dr Simmeons...as well as check out Dr. Kruse's site about hcg/hhcg and primal lifestyle. In fact, Dr. Kruse regularly checks in on the hcg forums I subscribe to and answer's questions.

how disappointing for this kind of reaction on a Mark Sisson's forum....and his books and posts seem so flexible and positive...perhaps you missed that part of subscription to a balanced life....

brick

edit: Oh, I get it now, you are so young..only in your twenties...you have no IDEA what life is like in your 40's, what your body does...I remember my 20's, couldn't possibly imagine the changes my body has gone through...Even Mark lived the conventional way until he made changes later in life...have a little compassion for those of us who lived a bit longer than you. Some day you will understand...life is like that.

I read your intro post, you took control of your health...that is fantastic! Don't be so harsh for others who try to take control of their health their way, we should be supporting each other....not bringing each other down.

Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    hCG cannot be absorbed by the body through oral delivery, it has to be injected to be active. It is not effective for the same reason oral insulin is not effective. You can google that and find dozens of reputable papers on that topic. You would also know that if it HAD been absorbed, your estrogen problems would have become worse over time, as hCG promotes estrogen conversion by manipulating your LH to levels that your body is not accustomed to, which is why many men who actually inject hCG have to space it out in very small doses or use an anti-estrogen to control estrogen conversion.

Did you ever think that you were eating crappy enough and were overweight enough that the crash diet made you sleep better bc for one you just weren't eating a lot and two you weren't eating as much crap. And there have been women who have had their hair fall out, i didn't say everyone.

...your opening salvo has been thoroughly shut down
    Last edited by brick; 06-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.

I was not being hostile at all, I was actually trying to provide some levity to the situation by the last comment there...I didn't realize that the hcg diet made you lose weight AND gave you the ability to read someone's tone in a response (sorry, had to). Welcome to the forum.

"...your opening salvo has been thoroughly shut down "

your line is totally hostile. Sorry... you are young, but old enough to know better. Even if I didn't read your tone correctly, your words were not kind and not welcoming. I have a son in his twenties and he would NEVER speak to a stranger like that...do you not realize how hurtful words can be? I am not interested in being part of such unhappiness. I hope you consider this in answering other people's honestly asked questions and responses. I truly hope the rest of the forum is more welcoming than you are...

of course I noticed you did not admit you were arguing to hcg and not hhcg. Yet another person unable to recognize and accept when they wrongly argue a point, it is not a failure of the human spirit to recognize a mistake and admit it ...although I will grant that your information about HCG could be in response to the question originally asked, unfortunately your response was directed to my comments.

brick
    Last edited by brick; 06-04-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post
    "...your opening salvo has been thoroughly shut down "

your line is totally hostile. Sorry... you are young, but old enough to know better. Even if I didn't read your tone correctly, your words were not kind and not welcoming. I have a son in his twenties and he would NEVER speak to a stranger like that...do you not realize how hurtful words can be? I am not interested in being part of such unhappiness. I hope you consider this in answering other peoples honestly asked questions and responses. I truly hope the rest of the forum is more welcoming than you are...

brick
    it was like a playful invite to a debate, as in here is what the science says, so your response? I am glad you brought your son up so well, congratulations.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    My SIL recently did a naturopathic oral 'hcg diet' that had an induction period at 500cal/day. It also included NO grains, NO fats/oils except coconut oil, NO processed foods. It DID include bacon, meat and lots of veggies and a tiny bit of fruit. Fats, fruits, nuts, dairy etc were added back in gradually.

SIL swears it was the hcg that got her through the 'carb flu' and made the weight fall off. The 500cal/day had nothing to do with it I asked her if she knew she was on a Paleo diet. She said, yes I heard its something like that...

On a positive note, she is convinced her sugar addiction has been cured. AND she is reading Wheat Belly. And this is the longest I've seen her stick to any one beneficial way of eating. Now if only I can convince her to stop buying all their CAFO meat at Costco.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast