Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HCG diet page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The OP is spamming.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

brick is offline Junior Member
    the hhcg is not a lifestyle, but a jump step towards a healthy lifestyle. the hhcg does take the edge off the hunger. If one joins a support group for the hcg/hhcg you find that there is a huge push to finding long term good eating habits...and most end up eating paleo/primal. I did not eat bacon, sausage etc...too high in fat at the time of the low cal portion. It did cure my carb addiction, it did help me recognize my sugar cravings and control that. Dr. Kruse is a big supporter of the hcg/hhcg community. I never lost a pound a day like touted, more like a pound every 4 days...but it did help eliminate cellulite on my thighs and stomach. I have had 9 pregnancies, with 5 births. My stomach skin was rather stretched and loose. In time my skin has become considerably tighter...I now only have a small section below the belly button that I am not comfortable with. But hey, I am almost 46 years old with five kids...I am not trying to compete with the 20 something crowd...I am just trying to be healthy.
    Congratulation to your SIL... hopefully she will continue making healthy choices...

and thank you for your civility.

brick

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    My SIL recently did a naturopathic oral 'hcg diet' that had an induction period at 500cal/day. It also included NO grains, NO fats/oils except coconut oil, NO processed foods. It DID include bacon, meat and lots of veggies and a tiny bit of fruit. Fats, fruits, nuts, dairy etc were added back in gradually.

SIL swears it was the hcg that got her through the 'carb flu' and made the weight fall off. The 500cal/day had nothing to do with it I asked her if she knew she was on a Paleo diet. She said, yes I heard its something like that...

On a positive note, she is convinced her sugar addiction has been cured. AND she is reading Wheat Belly. And this is the longest I've seen her stick to any one beneficial way of eating. Now if only I can convince her to stop buying all their CAFO meat at Costco.

forgive me, but I am not sure what this means...I looked for an list of acronyms...

brick

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    The OP is spamming.

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    I think that means the Original Poster, the one who originated the thread.....

I thought it might, but the OP was not involved in the comments other than the initial topic.....unless the op is not a regualr member...lots to learn at this forum it seems...

thank you

brick

Quote Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
    I think that means the Original Poster, the one who originated the thread.....

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Even if the OP was spamming -

I have a friend who is doing the HCG thing... I'm very skeptical. I prefer to do things more naturally - i.e. Primal Blueprint, but to each their own. Anyhow, I pointed out to her that the "diet" that accompanies the hcg is Paleo and she acknowledged that.

Makes me think that the hcg is actually doing nothing for her and her miraculous weight loss is coming from the paleo diet.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and the OP responded to the first comment... are you sure it's a spammer??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I, too, was skeptical of it working...I had tried everything that i knew and continued to gain weight. It did work for me. But I had to take responsibility for what I ate and I had to educate myself on the types of food I ate. I thought I ate well at least according to the traditional SAD....I believe the reason why so many of us former hcg/hhcg users transition over to the primal/paleo world is because it works, it flows rather seamlessly into it. You know, if only one thing worked, the nation would not have an obesity problem, so we all have to find our way...I am grateful for what hhcg did for me, but in the end, the everyday living, and eating...is all primal and I never would have gotten there without learning about hhcg...and then so on.

brick

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Even if the OP was spamming -

I have a friend who is doing the HCG thing... I'm very skeptical. I prefer to do things more naturally - i.e. Primal Blueprint, but to each their own. Anyhow, I pointed out to her that the "diet" that accompanies the hcg is Paleo and she acknowledged that.

Makes me think that the hcg is actually doing nothing for her and her miraculous weight loss is coming from the paleo diet.

I have no idea...LOL!

brick

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Oh, and the OP responded to the first comment... are you sure it's a spammer??

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    If this works as it is purported to work, then this is not a weightloss diet anymore than the average bodybuilder's results can be attributed to their "muscle gaining diet." Rather, in both cases it is the manipulation of one's endocrine system via the administration of exogenous hormones intended to achieve some end.

Essentially, this "diet" has you eat well below maintenance calories and inject hormones with the intent of maintaining metabolic rate and mobilizing fat. You could achieve the exact same effect by injecting growth hormone, taking thyroid supplements, anabolic steroids, beta two agonists, ephedrine, recombinant human leptin injections, IGF-I and the list goes on. Gain the confidence of any semi-professional bodybuilder and they will regale you with a whole panoply of chemical tactics for cutting fat. These tactics, of course, will do nothing for your health, but you will be shredded. If this is your notion of how one "diets" then I suppose lap bands and liposuction surgery are fair game as well.

As for me ... I think I'll pass.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast