Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an aha moment at the gym today page

snoops is offline Senior Member

an aha moment at the gym today

Shop Now
    So, I've been attempting to eating primaly(is that a word?) for a week or two now. I have been a raw wannabe for a couple years and finally got sick of trying and the antisocial aspects of it. The thing is, is that I just don't really like meat. So I have been eating eggs, cheese, bacon and some sliced ham and turkey for protein. Oh and a protein powder smoothie in the morning. Trying really hard to give up the grains that kept me from being raw also!

I'm at the gym this morning thinking “wow, I am really stacking on the weight and it feels good”. Wonder why all of a sudden? Duh, *smacks self on forehead*!!!!! Can't really think of anything I am doing differently other than eating more protein. So I guess the raw food people who say you can't get protein out of a dead piece of meat, that you get all the amino acids you need from leafy greens are full of shit

Or its just coincidence. But I am pumped anyway. More iron that is. And to be here too!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you can't get *enough* protein without meat, at least for a while, but I'm glad you've figured it out.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    How is sliced ham and turkey not "meat"? All the foods you listed are great protein sources. I don't think we need pounds and pounds of meat, but I personally function a TON better with more than the average joe gets.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Well obviously they are meat as is the bacon! I just don't eat steak, chicken breast, pork etc. I can't eat a slab of meat but sliced thin deli stuff I can do. Is all I meant by I don't like meat. I don't expect the deli stuff is all that great for you as its been smoked/cured etc. But it will have to do for now. And bacon - well everyone loves bacon

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    You'll probably be fine if you eat 1/2 lb per day or the equivalent, or even less. Your lifting will improve with more, though.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    My 2 year old eats over a pound a day of all grass fed beef......just saying. Growing boy, growing muscle....gotta have the building blocks if you wanna build.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    So the 1.2 pounds I had for lunch is too much?

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    Can't really think of anything I am doing differently other than eating more protein. So I guess the raw food people who say you can't get protein out of a dead piece of meat, that you get all the amino acids you need from leafy greens are full of shit
    It is also worth noting that the digestibility of PRO via animal sources is much higher than it is in vegetables. Roughly speaking we are talking about ~90% versus ~60%. So not only will the PRO content likely be less (gram for gram) but you will need to eat more simply because of digestibility factors...

index.png

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Those raw vegans forget that to get 80 grams of protein out of leafy greens you'd probably need a dump truck full of leaves. Good luck eating that.

It's weird that a pound of meat ever seemed like much. It's like the size of my fist. I can easily eat that, and a bowl of veggies drowning in tallow and coconut oil without trouble. And it is helping with fat loss AND muscle gain.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    If you managed to come to that conclusion then the meat is starting to fix your brain as well.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast