Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 194

Thread: Nixxy's home page 4

  1. #31
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Primal Fuel
    It is! But now at least every time I consider how long of a journey it is... I know that it'll never be as long as it was before, because I've finally made a start

    Well antiandrogenic birth control is the usual... but ironically I am too heavy! Gotta lose another 35lb or so because the particular one she wants to put me on has higher risks for people over a certain BMI

    In the meantime, bloodtests to see if that's what it is/how bad it is, and then there are other meds they can do from there.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  2. #32
    katemary's Avatar
    katemary is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    571
    Good way to look at it!

    That is messed up! Lucky you know how to lose that weight and have a good diet should help some of the hormonal issues? Lessen the impact?

    Anyway, you have a great attitude so I look forward to watching you continue to get healthy

    LOVE New Zealand btw. My favourite place on Earth

  3. #33
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,184
    Well done Nixxy. You are doing everything you should to get well. Yes this is another set back, with this latest diagnosis, but you can't begin to heal unless you know what you are dealing with.
    I have had a long plateau where I wasn't losing any weight, but have really cut my carbs back, like almost nil, and have started on the downward slide again. Only 20 kgs to lose !!!!! (or should I say 44lbs) its such a long road.
    But keep up the great work, you have the tools and you are winning ! Thats the Kiwi way !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  4. #34
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,832
    Fantastic job Nixxy, good on ya!

    Just wanted to ask if you actually notice a big difference at the gym if you don't have a higher carb day?
    If you do an that helps you achieve your goals, great. If you don't, try eating the same as you do on days you don't go to the gym for a while and see how it goes. You may find that it works better for you.

    On the PCOS front, this may or may not be relevant but if your main concern is about difficulties getting pregnant in the future (don't know if this is the case or not, but seems to be for most), just wanted to let you know that I know 3 girls who have had babies in the past year who all have PCOS. And only one needed an kInd of fertility treatment, but the fact that she is 40 wouldnt have helped either.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  5. #35
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Good way to look at it!

    That is messed up! Lucky you know how to lose that weight and have a good diet should help some of the hormonal issues? Lessen the impact?

    Anyway, you have a great attitude so I look forward to watching you continue to get healthy

    LOVE New Zealand btw. My favourite place on Earth

    Yes very true. Knowing I know CAN lose the weight means being told I have to be a certain weight before I can take the medication isn't as scary as it once would've been to me.

    I am also sort of hoping that I can just control it through diet without any major medications. I would go on birth control any way to help with my iron loss (I have chronic low iron) and also for the actual birth control effects, so the fact that that medication will help the condition means I'm fine with taking it. But as for any other medications, I'd really rather not!

    NZ is a wonderful place. People here have a habit of ragging on our own country but it is truly great and I don't think they'll appreciate it until they leave and realise every country has its problems
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  6. #36
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Well done Nixxy. You are doing everything you should to get well. Yes this is another set back, with this latest diagnosis, but you can't begin to heal unless you know what you are dealing with.
    I have had a long plateau where I wasn't losing any weight, but have really cut my carbs back, like almost nil, and have started on the downward slide again. Only 20 kgs to lose !!!!! (or should I say 44lbs) its such a long road.
    But keep up the great work, you have the tools and you are winning ! Thats the Kiwi way !!!!!!
    Yes I have just had a huuuuuge month long plateau and today I am getting back into calorie counting. I don't like living like that long term (and I won't) but I need to get out of the current zone I am in where I go up a few pounds, down a few pounds, then back up etc.

    You're on of the most motivated people on here, those 20kg will just fly off you



    (For record keeping purposes, since my signature changes, current weight is 231.5lb. Stall has been at 232.4lb for a month)
    Last edited by nixxy; 09-19-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  7. #37
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Fantastic job Nixxy, good on ya!

    Just wanted to ask if you actually notice a big difference at the gym if you don't have a higher carb day?
    If you do an that helps you achieve your goals, great. If you don't, try eating the same as you do on days you don't go to the gym for a while and see how it goes. You may find that it works better for you.

    On the PCOS front, this may or may not be relevant but if your main concern is about difficulties getting pregnant in the future (don't know if this is the case or not, but seems to be for most), just wanted to let you know that I know 3 girls who have had babies in the past year who all have PCOS. And only one needed an kInd of fertility treatment, but the fact that she is 40 wouldnt have helped either.
    Well funny you ask that because I think I have determined that I may as well be low carb all the time. There were a few occasions where I was lifting and I couldn't lift as heavy a weight on low carb days but I've decided muscle building is not my main concern right now. So if I have to lift at lower weights while I lose fat then so be it, I'll progress with the muscle once the fat loss is done

    As you may (or may not?) know, PCOS is like a spectrum thing. People can have some or all of the symptoms. I luckily don't have huge issues with the fertility side (based on my symptoms)... I have a few periphery symptoms that are REALLY unpleasant and I don't want to mention in public hahaha but it seems I somehow ended up with the more rare symptoms while the common ones haven't plagued me as much or as often. I am actually going in for a scan in a few weeks to see if there are any cysts/check out my babymaker in general!

    Because I hit puberty when I was quite young (like 11), and I reached my fully grown height quite young (about 13), I had a good few years of normal "woman function" before I started gaining weight. Given that my PCOS only arrived, or became noticeable, when I got very overweight, and much worse at my highest weight, I am really hopeful that with weightloss my PCOS will all but disappear. I know there is a version of "skinny" PCOS but I am hopeful that is not the case for me.

    Thank you for telling me about them having children though, that is encouraging. I am not at the age yet where I am overly concerned about fertility (no baby dreams here) but I am sure when that time comes if I still have PCOS, knowing that people can have babies with it will be of comfort.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  8. #38
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Attachment 9255

    Hehe baby muscle progress!! Leaving this here so I can look back in the future and giggle.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  9. #39
    yodiewan's Avatar
    yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,465
    You are making great progress! There is so much difference in the pics that you posted! And good job on developing the "guns"! And other muscles of course. And not only physically but it sounds like you've overcome a lot mentally and emotionally as well. Keep on keeping on!

  10. #40
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    You are making great progress! There is so much difference in the pics that you posted! And good job on developing the "guns"! And other muscles of course. And not only physically but it sounds like you've overcome a lot mentally and emotionally as well. Keep on keeping on!
    Thank you so much.

    I think the mental and emotional changes are the most important ones for the longterm as well!
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •