Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nixxy's home page 2

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Did my biggest fast yet overnight/today... it ended up being about 20 hours. It actually wasn't intentional, there wasn't suitable food where I was to eat!

When I broke it I ate 2 meals in about 4 hours.

Daily calories: 1300
    Fat/carb/pro ratio: 59:14:27
    84g fat
    46g carbs
    88g protein

Not a bad day, all in all, considering the weird circumstances.

First meal was a yummy huge 900 calorie salad - spinach, lettuce, tomato, capers, avocado, bacon, egg, chicken breast, basil pesto, parmesan, and some seeds.

Last meal was almond crumbed fish, grilled broccoli and beans, and sweet potato and onion soup. DELISHHHHH

IMG_1613.jpg
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Got some blood test results recently, will post here for record keeping purposes

Insulin/Diabetes:
    I was told I was prediabetic. I don't have my actual results here for that but it was something like 116 mg/dl for my FPG (supposed to be under 100, over 126 is classified as diabetes). After being told this my eating actually got WORSE so I wouldn't be surprised if I did venture into full blown type 2 diabetes territory sometime after that.

My result today was 5.6% on the a1c, with under 6% being classified as "safe". The a1c obviously can't be directly compared to the fpg but given that the a1c is more a long term indicator I'm really pleased to be in the safe zone now. Based on some googling I'd compare my result 6 months ago as being roughly equivalent to 6.2% on an a1c (with 6 - 6.5% being prediabetic), so I'm really happy with that improvement.

Cholesterol:
    Before (3 months before starting primal, 6 months ago from now)
    Total: 215
    Trigs: 135
    HDL: 35
    LDL: 155

Total/HDL: 6.1 (Supposed to be 4.4 or lower for women)
    Trig/HDL: 3.9 (Supposed to be below 2)
    LDL/HDL: 4.4 (Supposed to be below 4.3)

Current (After 3 months of eating primal and losing ~38 lb)
    Total: 200
    Trigs: 80
    HDL: 50
    LDL: 140

Total/HDL: 4.0 (Supposed to be 4.4 or lower for women)
    Trig/HDL: 1.6 (Supposed to be below 2)
    LDL/HDL: 2.8 (Supposed to be below 4.3)

So, I improved in every single area! Trigs went down, HDL came up, and all my ratios are now acceptable.

Have been eating pretty averagely lately. Money problems and convenience problems. But no excuse is ok for my health so will get back on track asap.

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Hey nixxy - keep it going you are doing great.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Hey nixxy - keep it going you are doing great.
    Thanks for the encouragement

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

It has been a while since I have posted here! Been on holidays so I blame that Since my last post I've lost about another 4lb, so am at 240.7lb but tomorrow is weighday and I'm really hoping to get under 240!!

Have made the gym a regular part of my life again after the last year where my physical activity was at an all time low. I usually make it 3 times a week, sometimes 2, sometimes 4. Once I get to about 200lb I want to get a personal trainer once a week for my weight routine because it's been such a long time since I've done weights that I don't really trust my technique and I don't think I'm pushing myself hard enough. It'd be cool to do some natural stuff too like what Mark posts, push-ups etc without equipment, but again I always end up hurting myself when I try to make new routines myself. Also at 200lb I figure I'll be smaller and will be able to better deal with jarring and impact and won't have to worry about my joints so much.

I still can't really believe I've lost ~42 lb (19kg).... sometimes it hits me in the face with a really obvious difference (like looking down while I'm on the bike at the gym and noticing my thighs are way smaller) and other times it seems like nothing has changed.

Nutrition wise I am eating more dairy now than previously. Not 100% sure if I'm happy about that, I might consider losing it in the future. I'm talking low lactose cheese like parmesan, and cottage cheese, and probiotic quality yoghurt in smoothies. So not exactly HUGE amounts of dairy but still more than previously. For a while I started eating more sweet potatoes and carrots and occasionally white potatoes, but it really stalled my losses and made me gain water weight too. Now I'm only having those kinds of veges more like twice a week.

Excited for weigh day tomorrow, I hope it is good news I can taste my first goal!! 75% of the way there right now

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Going out for dinner tonight.... probably going to try get sushi as everything else where we're going will be high carb like thai etc. I mean sushi is too but white rice is ok sometimes and I need iodine so the seaweed will be good.

Sometimes I wish I was a robot so I just didn't have to eat

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Updated my overall progress photo. still can't quite believe my belly got that big. I still remember looking down one day in January and being so surprised. Geez.
    275 to 240.jpg

The last 10lb is harder to notice. Just less cellulite probably. I think my inner thighs have gotten smaller too (can notice when I'm at the gym) so perhaps it's just not visible in the latest 10lbs. The left is ~248lb and the right ~240lb
    248 to 240.jpg

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Just read through your diary and some of your blog, I love the food pictures! You are doing great and the pix prove it! I'm also at a set point and occasionally surprised when the scale shows that I gained weight despite eating correctly. In diets past I'd put with that for a week or two, but if the scale didn't move by the third weigh in, I'd get discouraged and give up. Stupid really, considering I know all about weight fluctuation, hydration levels, and the fact that I was at the same time building muscle.

But now when the scale doesn't budge for awhile, I don't binge eat as punishment/consolation because I've fundamentally changed the way I eat. I'm still discouraged, but I just assume that the weight loss will be slower than I hoped, but as long as my clothes fit better and I feel good, I just keep going.

You are doing great!

David

lorichka6 is online now Senior Member
    Those pictures show some AMAZING results! Way to go

You're looking outstanding!
    Liz in Cleveland

Started Primal 7/17/12
    5'9"
    SW: 227.2
    CW: 213.6
    GW: 175

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast