Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Nixxy's home page 19

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    Woah that was weird, we posted at the same time!

If I can keep my 100kg squat PR and get my weight down to 70kg, I'll be so stoked. It's my main mission. Then once I get there, I want to aim for a 120kg squat PR. But maintaining my current PR while I keep losing is current priority
    Damn girl, I'd be happy with a 100kg squat too
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Regarding the post about people letting weights fall to the floor without control: When I do dumbbell bench press, if I start from the floor with the weight I deadlift them up, tuck them into my hips, sit with them on my thighs and lower myself back onto the bench. Heavy or light weight, when I finish, I always sit up with it, stand, and go through the reverse motion of a deadlift to put the weights on the floor.

It annoys me (and I feel a bit superior) when I see guys struggling with less weight who then proceed to let it fall or essentially throw it to the floor upon finishing or failing to complete a rep. I don't care if we have rubber mats. That's uncalled for...now watch me do it properly with more weight and for more sets and reps. Muhahaha!

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Damn girl, I'd be happy with a 100kg squat too
    These big thighs gotta be good for somethin' right!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    Regarding the post about people letting weights fall to the floor without control: When I do dumbbell bench press, if I start from the floor with the weight I deadlift them up, tuck them into my hips, sit with them on my thighs and lower myself back onto the bench. Heavy or light weight, when I finish, I always sit up with it, stand, and go through the reverse motion of a deadlift to put the weights on the floor.

It annoys me (and I feel a bit superior) when I see guys struggling with less weight who then proceed to let it fall or essentially throw it to the floor upon finishing or failing to complete a rep. I don't care if we have rubber mats. That's uncalled for...now watch me do it properly with more weight and for more sets and reps. Muhahaha!
    Hahahaha that's the kind of internal dialogue I have at the gym too
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Almost freaking out lately because this all just seems too easy now

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

La la la still in keto land.

Actually have been kicked out recently so trying to get back adapted.

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Dunno if you went to the blog where the article/poll was cited but this was #1: "78% of men would rather date a confident plus-size woman than an insecure supermodel."

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    Dunno if you went to the blog where the article/poll was cited but this was #1: "78% of men would rather date a confident plus-size woman than an insecure supermodel."
    That makes it even worse.

Why are we teaching people to value an external opinion of your image (and we all know for women image=worth)?
    There will always be some male who finds any given female unattractive.
    Teaching women to value mens opinions of their appearance first and foremost is setting them up for a life of disappointment and unhappiness.

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Nice answer nixxy.

I don't know how anyone reading your journal could think that you're aiming for the skinny waif or super model look, especially just to please a man or the view of men taken from a survey
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    That makes it even worse.

Why are we teaching people to value an external opinion of your image (and we all know for women image=worth)?
    There will always be some male who finds any given female unattractive.
    Teaching women to value mens opinions of their appearance first and foremost is setting them up for a life of disappointment and unhappiness.
    Absolutely agree! Glad you hear you don't need validation from the outside. Your worth is internal. Bravo!

PrimalCon New York
    I posted that because I thought it was a positive thing saying that the majority of men are attracted more by who a woman is as a person and less about how she looks. Did I read it wrong? :-/

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast