Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Nixxy's home page 18

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    La la la still in keto land.

Actually have been kicked out recently so trying to get back adapted.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Dunno if you went to the blog where the article/poll was cited but this was #1: "78% of men would rather date a confident plus-size woman than an insecure supermodel."

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    Dunno if you went to the blog where the article/poll was cited but this was #1: "78% of men would rather date a confident plus-size woman than an insecure supermodel."
    That makes it even worse.

Why are we teaching people to value an external opinion of your image (and we all know for women image=worth)?
    There will always be some male who finds any given female unattractive.
    Teaching women to value mens opinions of their appearance first and foremost is setting them up for a life of disappointment and unhappiness.

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Nice answer nixxy.

I don't know how anyone reading your journal could think that you're aiming for the skinny waif or super model look, especially just to please a man or the view of men taken from a survey
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    That makes it even worse.

Why are we teaching people to value an external opinion of your image (and we all know for women image=worth)?
    There will always be some male who finds any given female unattractive.
    Teaching women to value mens opinions of their appearance first and foremost is setting them up for a life of disappointment and unhappiness.
    Absolutely agree! Glad you hear you don't need validation from the outside. Your worth is internal. Bravo!

I posted that because I thought it was a positive thing saying that the majority of men are attracted more by who a woman is as a person and less about how she looks. Did I read it wrong? :-/

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Were you saying men are more attracted to a woman who is confident (regardless of her size) than a woman who is insecure about it? I originally read it as something along the lines of 'you catch more flies with confident honey than insecure honey'. Pardon my assumptions if they were incorrect.

I suppose that does indicate something about the kind of person she is rather than how she looks. The problem is often that some never take the opportunity to find out who a woman is because they can't get past her size or confidence level to truly find out. As Nix said, there are those that just aren't attracted to larger, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    I posted that because I thought it was a positive thing saying that the majority of men are attracted more by who a woman is as a person and less about how she looks. Did I read it wrong? :-/
    I know why you posted it and I know why you think it's positive but my issue with it is that again, it's placing a women's worth/happiness in the hands of men. Who cares if men find bigger women more attractive? What about smaller women? I'm basically saying women need to stop caring so much about what is "ideal" and "desirable" because that's no way to get happiness, you'll never be perfect in the eyes of everyone, so please yourself.

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    I know why you posted it and I know why you think it's positive but my issue with it is that again, it's placing a women's worth/happiness in the hands of men. Who cares if men find bigger women more attractive? What about smaller women? I'm basically saying women need to stop caring so much about what is "ideal" and "desirable" because that's no way to get happiness, you'll never be perfect in the eyes of everyone, so please yourself.
    This is so true! Who gives a flying fig what other people think about what we look like or how we act. True happiness and acceptance come from within!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When a person reaches a level of personal happiness/satisfaction that shows outwardly it attracts people, not just potential mates.

I thought it was just reassuring that no matter a person's current physical condition they can be liked as well as anyone else as long as they aren't a sh*tty person.

I like to think we're on the same page with all of this and we're just saying it in different ways. I know that the only thing that matters is a person's self-worth. We can be loved and adored by countless people but if we don't love ourselves, what's the point?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast