Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nixxy's home page 17

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Geez, you're looking good girl! Very nice waist/hip ratio. I'm amazed at your transformation every time you update.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Geez, you're looking good girl! Very nice waist/hip ratio. I'm amazed at your transformation every time you update.
    Haha thanks yodiewan!

People keep saying it but like I said... I don't feel it at the moment for some reason. Probably PMS. My mood in the week before my period is getting worse and I'm not sure why. I really want to find a solution because I'm basically losing a week every month to my bad attitude at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I generally visit your tumblr blerg to track your progress which has been great to see and read about. Some of the recent face pictures reminded me of Amy Lee. I searched for pictures of her and came to the conclusion that she doesn't have dem cheekbones

Regarding the lifting and people: Do you think you need a deload week to recover mentally and physically?

I generally accept that everyone in the gym might look at me (at some point) and I'm projecting because I generally look at everyone when I'm there.

Anytime I see a girl doing real lifts (almost never) I'm always impressed no matter what condition her physique is currently in or how much she's lifting. I've definitely never seen a girl testing her 1RM.

I'm saddened by those who spend their entire time in the gym on a treadmill or other piece of cardio equipment. Relating directly to what you talked about, one day a girl said she was too intimidated by guys to lift in the same area so she spends her time on the cardio machines or somewhere on the opposite side of the gym. I told her she should just lift like the "bros" and grunt and stuff. It lightened the mood and those of us talking about it all got a good laugh. I haven't seen her since.

So yeah, I hope everything gets better.

Oh man I didn't realise anyone from this forum actually looked at my blog. The link in my signature was broken for so long and no one even noticed so I figured no one was clicking it anyway hahahaha.

I suppose Amy Lee has the dark hair and light eyes. And I can kind of see similarities in general face structure. One person someone told me I look like (who I'd never seen before) and actually find really weird is Ana Barros, because she looks like my Nana would have when she was young, which is where I got the cheeks!

I don't know if I can do a deload week, honestly. I've been going to the gym for 18months consistently and it's like, more than the gym to me now. I always say I'm going to and then don't do it. The best I can manage is deloading one lift at a time. So like recently I took a 10 day break between bench sessions. I've also been having longer breaks than normal between deadlift sessions. I feel like my life is empty without the gym now lol. All I do is gym, uni, work, sleep, eat.

Yes and see I look at everyone in the gym too, and just have little thoughts and ideas about them. Because that's what people do. So I don't think it's unreasonable to assume people do the same to me, which is why when I try to tell myself that no one cares and no one is looking... I can't make myself believe it.

I dunno I tend to probably blow my issues up out of proportion with the gym. I've been lifting for over a year, so it's not like I haven't had to "get over it" hundreds of times. I think women rarely do feel like they belong in that area though. Even with me being the only person in the gym who actually uses the squat rack for squats.... and I still don't feel like I have any sort of ties to being accepted. Especially if there's a guy in the gym who I've never seen before, he won't know that I use that stuff too. So he's super inconsiderate thinking he's the only one on the gym who would use that stuff but really I'm waiting to use it too, and normally use it every day.... And the guys who are regulars all know eachother but then I'm still there as an outsider. I don't go to the gym to make friends but you know, all of those things play a role in shaping the experience.

I wonder if as well, it's because when I was bigger, I just wrote everything off like "no one cares, I'm fat". I know that sounds harsh but it was my security blanket, in a way. You get use to being invisible. So I would do my thing in the gym knowing that no one was checking me out, no one was looking at my butt, no one cared what I was doing.

I honestly suspect I've maybe clocked up more time in that gym than any other member this year. I'd be in the top 5, that's for sure. It's frustrating that I still have these thoughts, it all seems so petty to me really.

But as I said in the original post, I think it's all tied up with issues to do with being a big person becoming a not-so-big person in general. I think there's lots of complicated psychology there because suddenly everyone elses view of you changes and you're not really prepared for it.

I'm the same me, to me. But to others I'm not. And it's a bit hard to swallow. Like suddenly I'm a more valuable or worthwhile person because my encasement has changed. But I've always liked me.

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Clabbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Amazing progress! Just what I needed to see today...I've had a harried week and have eaten poorly. Can't seem to find any motivation to eat better and ta-dah! Proof that transformations are possible! Thank you for sharing this.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Awesome! The difference between that 1st pic and the most recent is incredible.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Wow, congrats! I'd say success is already yours!

I know what you mean about being treated differently, people make more and longer eye contact, are more prone to forgiving mistakes, it's almost like a magic. Eerie to have been the "ignored" and suddenly be more "in". Sometimes I still forget I'm not fat and zitty, lol.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Wow, congrats! I'd say success is already yours!

I know what you mean about being treated differently, people make more and longer eye contact, are more prone to forgiving mistakes, it's almost like a magic. Eerie to have been the "ignored" and suddenly be more "in". Sometimes I still forget I'm not fat and zitty, lol.
    Still so much work to be done! Haha I don't think there is an "endpoint" to any of this though is there. Luckily I love it.

Yes it's weird. Men hold doors for me all the time now. And the eye contact thing still freaks me out - I always wonder if there's food on my face or something people are looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Awesome! The difference between that 1st pic and the most recent is incredible.
    Hahahah to be fair that first pic is very unpleasant. I don't have many pics from that time though, that was 2011. Needless to say I wasn't really seeking out cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    Amazing progress! Just what I needed to see today...I've had a harried week and have eaten poorly. Can't seem to find any motivation to eat better and ta-dah! Proof that transformations are possible! Thank you for sharing this.
    Aw you are welcome. If it helps anyone then I'm pleased!

Current PRs:

My blog
    My journal

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Nixxy - just WOW! And the selfies on your blog are gorgeous too.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast