Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeans, the right fit? page

Jeans, the right fit?

I've worn Levi's 527s for a while, but recently I've realized how much they are lacking room in the crotch area and aren't the most comfortable jeans. So i stopped by target today and got some straight fit wranglers. I like them, fit me nicely. Although, this was after church and I was in "real" shoes. Got home and took them off and tried them back on I noticed how much they hang to the ground (not vibram friendly, and these are suppose to be my comfort jeans). I'm use to being a 30x32, but with these I was wondering if I need to go to a 30x30? (I'm 5'10ish/11). Do jeans shrink lengthwise? The Levi's i have haven't changed from rack to washer/dryer. Straight fit, boot cut, they feel different. I guess my question is it to be expected to go from one style/fit to another and need a "different size"?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    if men's jeans are anything like women's jeans, yes. clothing sizes are so frustratingly fickle depending on the style/fit. if everything feels good except the length, you could always hem the legs just a little.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Remember to try them on barefoot in the future for VFF wear.

Hem or a shorter size... 30x30 or 30x31(IF they make in-betweens)

From one ban to the next there is always some variation.
    Not as bad with men's as with women's, but still happens
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    If you have a pair you really love and want to be able to wear with VFFs and regular shoes, you can get some small S-biners, clip one side to your shoe and the other to the back of the pant cuff. It keeps them from dragging but means that you don't have to hem them if you want to still wear them with a regular shoe now and then.

Nite Ize S-Biner - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

Otherwise I'd just buy a little shorter or have them hemmed. I tend to have the opposite problem and hate it when my jeans shrink so that my ankles stick out the bottom. They will shrink in length normally, so you might be able to shrink your new ones with a trip through the dryer. Also, different styles and brands will definitely be longer/shorter despite having the same length on the tag, partly because the cut will affect how they fall, but also because they're just not very consistent.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

The wranglers felt better a size smaller. As long as they don't shrink they should be fine.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    If you have a pair you really love and want to be able to wear with VFFs and regular shoes, you can get some small S-biners, clip one side to your shoe and the other to the back of the pant cuff. It keeps them from dragging but means that you don't have to hem them if you want to still wear them with a regular shoe now and then.
    Funny, I had no idea what you were talking about. I did a google search and clicked on images and look at what I found. Google Image Result for http://birthdayshoes.com/media/blogs/bdayshoes/2010_Photos/pantsonground/Sbiner_KSO_underneath.jpg

Exactly what you were talking about. It made much more sense when I physically saw what you were talking about.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call Me Twitchy View Post
    I've worn Levi's 527s for a while, but recently I've realized how much they are lacking room in the crotch area and aren't the most comfortable jeans. So i stopped by target today and got some straight fit wranglers. I like them, fit me nicely. Although, this was after church and I was in "real" shoes. Got home and took them off and tried them back on I noticed how much they hang to the ground (not vibram friendly, and these are suppose to be my comfort jeans). I'm use to being a 30x32, but with these I was wondering if I need to go to a 30x30? (I'm 5'10ish/11). Do jeans shrink lengthwise? The Levi's i have haven't changed from rack to washer/dryer. Straight fit, boot cut, they feel different. I guess my question is it to be expected to go from one style/fit to another and need a "different size"?
    Made in USA: Diamond Gusset Jeans | The Gusset Advantage | What Is a Gusset?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Good grief. Hardware to wear your jeans? Just roll them up when you wear the Vibrams.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Good grief. Hardware to wear your jeans? Just roll them up when you wear the Vibrams.
    Normally I would have done that, but the previous pair were two inches longer than the jeans I already have which almost touch the floor when barefoot.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They will shrink. Even my stretch Gloria Vanderbilt jeans have 'lost' about 2 inches in length. Just throw them in the dryer a few times~

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast