Thread: Fridge Surprise- a Challenge!! page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Fridge Surprise- a Challenge!!

Primal Fuel
    This is what I have: parsley, tomatoes (canned and fresh), garlic, white and red onion, leftover pork steak, leftover lemon chicken, cucumbers, a smidge of goat cheese, spring mix lettuce, a few bits of cheddar, hot sauce, kimchi, turkey slices, eggs, pepperoncinis, a bit o fish sauce and plenty of international spices from Penzeys. What should I make??

Well, I'm hungry. I've decided on this kimchi and porkhttp://norecipes.com/blog/kimchi-pork-belly-pizza/ pizza: I had to modify it quite a bit, but *fingers crossed* in about an hour I may have something here.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Well, you could use the cucumber, tomato, onion, and parsley to make a sort of couscous-less tabbouleh, which should go well with the lemon chicken. You could toss some of the goat cheese in there for extra zing as well, I always used to like a bit of cheese with tabbouleh.

Eggs, cheddar cheese and pork steak sounds like breakfast to me.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Stir fried onions and tinned tomatoes, with various spices and some of the leftover meat thrown into it near the end.
    Diced cucumber and tomatoes as side salad #1
    Shredded lettuce with grated cheese and quartered boiled eggs as side salad #2

Yes?

This all sounds great!!! I have lunch/breakfast ideas for tomorrow I'll let you know how kimchi pizza turns out

Kimchi pizza was divine! I did a gluten-free crust, kimchi, oil, leftover porksteak bits, scriracha and goat cheese. I poured a scrambled egg mix over the top and baked longer to hold it together. Yum.