Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal of a Primal CO Girl page

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member

Primal CO Girl - On The Road to Healing GI Disease

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm mostly blogging about this at outdooramy.blogspot.com, but I figured that this might be a good place to journal as well.

Been at this slowly but surely for a few weeks now, though got off track because of school and work. (The amount of baked goods they lavish on teachers at the end of the school year is just ridiculous! That I was able to resist most of them is no small feat of will for a carb addict like me) . . . my eating when I'm home to eat has been good though.

This week, starting tonight with a 24 hour fast, I'm going to try and kick into high gear with a two week ketosis diet, try to get 40-50 carbs each day from organic fruits and veggies.

I'm a little worried about my ability to maintain, and hoping this will help me get some good accountability.

We'll call this day one of being a primal purist.
    Last edited by OutdoorAmy; 07-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Supposed to be making dinner soon, but not feeling hungry yet and I don't want to make it and then not be hungry enough to eat it! Ha ha.

I'm making coconut curry chicken for dinner.

A month from today is the last day of my lease, I plan to move out before then so I can clean up . . . I am not looking forward to moving, especially since I don't know where I'm going yet. This is adding a lot of extra stress to my life at the moment. The kind that makes you want to just stand still. Shock, I guess, you'd call it. Keep applying for jobs (but I have to force myself) and working on my health, but having a hard time focusing on school work or doing any house cleaning. This is the longest time in a while I've been on the job market and haven't found something. I've had 3 interviews and no offers, they hire internal for all of them. I just want to get my foot in the door, I know I'll move up once I'm there.

Anyway, that's what is stressing me out today. Diet wise I've been really good.

Oh, and I did walk 1.5 miles today. Tomorrow is another mile or more walk, and strength training.

. . . .

Update: That coconut curry was freaking amazing! I've finally mastered it! (After trying for two or three years) - the key was good quality curry powder a little seasoned salt and coconut oil. I will definitely be making that sauce again, I think it'll go great with the seafood medley I bought at the store today!

Here's the ingredients if anyone is interested (I'll post the full recipe on my blog):

Unsweetened coconut milk
    Shaved, unsweetened coconut
    Coconut oil
    Green onions
    Crushed garlic
    Cinnamon
    Paprika
    Seasoned salt
    Cardamom
    Cumin
    Ginger
    Curry powder
    Last edited by OutdoorAmy; 05-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Amy. Good luck with primal and job hunting.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    I'm making coconut curry chicken for dinner.
    I just had it for lunch, before I even read you post

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    Unsweetened coconut milk
    Shaved, unsweetened coconut
    Coconut oil
    Green onions
    Crushed garlic
    Cinnamon
    Paprika
    Seasoned salt
    Cardamom
    Cumin
    Ginger
    Curry powder
    I also put some black mushrooms and, since it's a thai recipe, a good dose of nam pla, it's a fermented fish sauce from southeast asia.

Grr, my whole post I typed out disappeared and now I'm too tired to re-do it . . .

Oh well. Will have a better update tomorrow!
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k

As a graduate student, I can never say no to free pizza.

And so I had a slice again today . . . why is there so much free pizza around?

Stayed near my carb totals for the day in spite of it . . . but it's definitely not primal.

The pear and baked chicken thigh I had for lunch were though! And I came in under 1200 calories for the day feeling totally satiated thanks to that protein.

Tomorrow will be better. I will be home almost all day, so I will have more choice in the food I eat. Plus tomorrow is hiking AND line dancing day. Going hiking in the foothills near Red Rocks in the afternoon, then line dancing in the evening!
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy your pizza from time to time. It's called cheating and it's not bad at all.

Last week I did some homemade bread (yes: flour, wheat!!!) and ate it with foie gras. I didn't gain a gram that day. On the contrary, the following days, I lost some. Once you are in the loop you'll find it's hard not to lose too much

Yesterday was a pretty good day in terms of diet, but an even better day for exercise. Took a 4.5 mile hike around the foothills here with some friends and went line dancing in the evening. Even got to talk to my friends about the principles of primal living and we discussed how all three of us would like to do at least one 14-er this summer! It is so great to have friends again that enjoy the outdoors. Hope I can stay close enough geographically to hang out with them still after graduation.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Where'd you go line dancing? Would you reccomend it for newbies? It sure sounds like fun (even if it will take me a few drinks to get out there) and I've been trying to find a place to do a Mom's night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Where'd you go line dancing? Would you reccomend it for newbies? It sure sounds like fun (even if it will take me a few drinks to get out there) and I've been trying to find a place to do a Mom's night out.
    Went to the Grizzly Rose, they have a ladies night on Thursday nights, so legal ladies drink for free all night with a $5 cover. I've been a few times now and picked up 3 or 4 new dances to go with the 2 I already knew - I'd like to learn some of the faster dances, but my agility just isn't there yet. Soon. They do a fair number of "easy" dances, and if you have any experience with dance, they are easy to pick up - since almost everything can be broken down into 4 counts or 8 counts.

. . . .

Just made some homemade ice cream with pureed banana, strawberries, pastured heavy cream, almond milk, coconut milk, dark chocolate chips and a tsp. of stevia. Won't be eating it today, or even tomorrow probably, but it'll be nice to have. pondering adding some probiotics and raspberry ketone to it . . .
    Last edited by OutdoorAmy; 06-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast