Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are There Any 'NORMAL' Paleo Recipes? page 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan54 View Post
    Pasteurized dairy, rice, potatoes = acne
    Not for EVERYONE... stop over generalizing.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Not for EVERYONE... stop over generalizing.
    Also, as far as recipes... pretty much any recipe will work as long as it can be tweaked to contain only primal friendly stuff... Not hard at all really.
    Buy a piece of meat, google "x meat recipes" find one that looks great.... if it calls for "vegetable oil" substitute something like ghee, and things like that.
    It's exactly the same as cooking meat before 'paleo'... mostly just the side items are a little different.
    You know, hold the bread/grains/stuff... lots of veg, and some potatoes/sweet potatoes and rice as sides are OK.

I've always looked at every recipe as a 'suggested format' rather than written in stone.
    Once you are familiar with the flavors that herbs/spiced produce, and how they pair, you can generally adjust a recipe to your hearts content.

Also... building an herb/spice pantry is a wonderful thing, it's not expensive, and herbs/spices allow for a wide array of tasty variety in cooking. The flavors of mexico one night.... morocco the next!
    Start simple and add try new spices a few at a time.
    There are generally many servings worth of an herb/spice in each bottle... so purchasing them isn't a for each recipe kind of deal most of the time.

I personally have always cooked with a large array of spices, and cannot imagine doing without them.
    For even more mileage, once your feet are wet, and you feel comfortable, you can grow fresh herbs easily in pots... and whole world of additional flavors!

GL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Here's a really simple one: Put some stewing steak in the slow cooker. Cook for 5 horus on low. Shred with forks. Serve with lightly steamed veggies (carrots and broccoli).

As other people are saying, just combine meats and veggies. And for desserts, we have found a banana, whipped cream and grated chocolate flakes to be our go-to option when we have it.

ryan54 is offline Member
    I understand that dairy, rice, or potatoes might not trigger acne for everyone. But the OP said he's had acne for over 25 years. Obviously he wants to rid himself of it. A Paleo diet can do wonders for acne, and I can say that is truth. These foods might be Primal (I don't know to be honest), but they're not paleo.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Please read my blog, in my sig.

K, thanks
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    There's a ton of options! I personally just pick whatever protein I'm thinking of cooking and then browse FoodNetwork.com for recipes with it. There are always options that require no mods at all, and lots of options where you just cut out or substitute one or two ingredients. I am like you in that some things just don't make sense to me, e.g. making pizza with almond meal crust. Too much work and you KNOW it's not going to be anything like real pizza, so why even bother?

But say, tonight I'm defrosting some halibut and I found this recipe right on the first page of my search results for "halibut" on the Food Network website: Thai-Style Halibut with Coconut-Curry Broth Recipe : Ellie Krieger : Recipes : Food Network Fully primal except the side of brown rice - just make a salad instead!

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has pretty much said anything I would've, LOL Good luck with your cooking adventures!
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we keep it simple.

On Sunday and Wednesday, we make either meat balls or burger patties. Meat balls are great because they are easy to make and have sauce. I love sauce. I use jarred sauces -- usually pasta sauce of some kind or enchilada sauce. You can get good ones in a jar if you need to.

I do hard boiled eggs for breakfast plus veg or fruit (and sometimes just eggs).

And then for dinners it's either chicken, steak, or fish -- and always prepared simply. The chickens I roast in a crock pot, so that takes longer, but the fish and steak literally take no time at all. I usually serve them with simple salads or steamed frozen broccoli or mixed veg.

For snacks I have fruit, veg, and nuts/seeds. Oh, and dark chocolate.

It's really simple, truly. We don't make anything fancy. On weekends, we have big breakfast -- fried eggs or scrambled in butter, big salad, bacon or sausage, cut fruit or berries with coconut cream (me, DH) or yogurt (DS), and then we also have dinner, which is usually pretty simple. It's typically left over chicken plus veg in a simple curry sauce that we simmer up quickly, and sometimes have with rice.

Honestly, I like to keep it simple.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we're going to try our hand at brisket as well. we can buy a lot of brisket for cheap=cheap, and there are several brisket flavor profiles that one can try. it's 10 hrs in a crock pot on a sunday, so . . .nothing too major, and might make for some more lunch diversity.

Forgotmylastusername is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    80% of the time I'm an extremely basic eater.

Kangaroo meat, eggs, sweet potato, mixed veges with rice and himalayan salt make up the majority of my dinners.

Breakfast I usually skip or have greek yogurt with bananas.

Lunch is usually game meat and potato salad with a homemade sauce that I whisk up every few weeks. It usually involves basic ingredients like Cayenne, vinegar, egg yolk, olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice and salt.

A few times a week I throw some variety in like oysters, kidney, salmon, beef or chicken. Sometimes I cook myself a really extravagant meal but not as often as I would like.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast