Thread: just completed my first week of 100% primal. assess how i've done so far.. page

dirk41 is offline Senior Member

just completed my first week of 100% primal. assess how i've done so far..

Shop Now
    Just got back home from college and decided to go full primal. I was maybe 80% primal this past semester (ate a lot of fries, potatoes, and breaded chicken. also ordered delivery a lot so probably ingested a lot of vegetable cooking oils). I've been keeping track of my progress with FitDay. My typical breakfast is a half pound of bacon with 1 or 2 eggs. For lunch and dinner, I've been eating usually a ~7 oz. piece of meat with a cup of vegetables. Haven't really been eating any snacks, though I did pick up some pork rinds (not fried in soybean oil or anything) and guacamole recently. Here's what I've got so far:

Meats: bacon, salmon, steak, chicken, pork chops, ground beef, eggs

Veggies: broccoli, peas, carrots, onions, peppers, green beans

Drinks: Water, Milk (only a glass or two with breakfast)

Dairy: Milk, Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt, American cheese slices (put on some burgers)

Fruits: strawberries and bananas (only minimal amount)

mydietMay262012.gif

How am I doing?

Edit: I should probably mention that I am trying to gain weight and eliminate my acne. My acne actually worsened a bit at first but it has improved these past few days. I'm 5'8" and weighed probably 140-145 pounds when I came back from school. I don't have a scale at the moment so not sure exactly.
    Last edited by dirk41; 05-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    I think you should consider ditching all the dairy if getting rid of acne is a big deal to you? It's not the cure for everyone but I know multiple people who were on acne medication, eliminated dairy, and solved their skin problems, and I've also read about it a lot on the internet. Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    I think you should consider ditching all the dairy if getting rid of acne is a big deal to you? It's not the cure for everyone but I know multiple people who were on acne medication, eliminated dairy, and solved their skin problems, and I've also read about it a lot on the internet. Just a suggestion
    I am pretty sure that dairy isn't the culprit. Back in high school I barely drank milk and had cheese only on burgers and pizza and I still had acne. Since giving up grains and sugar my acne has improved considerably. If I have a piece of cake or a piece of bread I break out with inflammation within hours of eating. With dairy I haven't noticed anything like that.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    I agree...just because you didn't eat much dairy in high school and still had acne, doesn't mean it isn't making it worse now. Certainly couldn't hurt to try. And american cheese slices are junk anyways-not primal. You should also take a probiotic and add some fermented foods-that will also help your skin.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    The dairy intolerance often comes as a result of the gluten intolerance though, so the same issues can arise. Google it and you'll see the links.

I'm sure you know what's best for you though, but it was just a suggestion. When I am 100% dairy free I get about 1 pimple a month. Right now I'm eating probiotic yoghurt for other reasons, and have about 4. Not everyone's the same but don't be blind to the possibility, is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    The dairy intolerance often comes as a result of the gluten intolerance though, so the same issues can arise. Google it and you'll see the links.

I'm sure you know what's best for you though, but it was just a suggestion. When I am 100% dairy free I get about 1 pimple a month. Right now I'm eating probiotic yoghurt for other reasons, and have about 4. Not everyone's the same but don't be blind to the possibility, is all I'm saying.
    You're right...it couldn't hurt to try.

Am I eating enough calories to gain weight? Only exercise I'm doing right now is playing basketball a few times a week.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
    Am I eating enough calories to gain weight? Only exercise I'm doing right now is playing basketball a few times a week.
    I think that if you want to gain weight healthfully, your best bet would be to lift weights. Over time, this will build your lean muscle mass, which will cause to to gain healthy weight.