Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Chocolate Connoisseur Thread page 7

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently getting my cocoa hit from 3 heaped teaspoons of Bourneville raw cocoa powder mixed with about 200 g of goat's yoghurt and a heaped teaspoon of honey. It's not chocolate, but it's a quick and easy recipe.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Love the Scharffen Berger 82% dark, the Lindt 90%, the Nirvana Organic Dark Chocolate with Caramel and Sea Salt (more sugar than I'd eat regularly, but sooooo good), and the Vivani 85% dark...

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    green & black is great. i also like Lindt. i recently melted down the Lindt 72% cacao, it also had orange in it. well. i added toasted pecans and almonds a ton of coconut flakes. cannot stop eating this. well worth the mod.!

zizou is offline Senior Member
    They all have soy lecithin though right? I've been on the hunt for dark chocolate but they all have pretty much same ingredients. Rather dissapointing as i'd prefer to avoid it till i perhaps find one that doesn't have soy.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Just got some Lindt 85%. It says 'may contain soy lecithin, hazelunts, milk etc' which is better then it being listed in the ingredients list as a certainty. I do wonder what their definition of 'may' might be though.

Going to melt it with some coconut oil and mix in avocado, put in some walnut and freeze it to have as a rare desert.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My grandfather worked for Lindt so I was reared on the stuff. In the days when I ate CW I had a thing for Leonidas. But when I started low carb I went back to my roots and Lindt 90%. I have a tin of Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa for winter evenings, to add to hot milk.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567