Thread: The Chocolate Connoisseur Thread page 3

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Working on that..... XD
    Me too, one of the biggest problems of living in Switzerland

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we weigh in on different chocolate brands, flavors, grades of darkness, etc. Right now I'm working my way through a Green & Blacks 85% dark bar. It's really fruity. Has a nice snap. Good mouth feel.
    That is my favorite! I found where Mark recommended it. All the other bars with that high percentage taste bitter as heck!
    Love my Green & Black ORGANIC with 85% (WalGreens, WalMart and Amazon sell them).

Last night, I made the recipe in one of the primal cookbooks from 1 entire bar -- pretty good
    Just from memory: 1 bar Green & Blacks, 1 cup virgin coconut oil, 1/4 c. coconut, 1/4 c. slivered almonds, and DON'T FORGET THE SALT = 1/2 t.
    Melt together and store in frig.

The salt turns all that chocolate & coconut fat into something delightful.
    It's less-waxy that the original bar, and more tasty too.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i'm not a connaisseur of chocolate but i do like a coupla squares every once in awhile. my new favorite is one of the cheepest at WF right now - one called "divine". It's 85%, doesn't cost an arm and a leg & it tastes good, and is fair trade, tho not organic.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    i'm not a connaisseur of chocolate but i do like a coupla squares every once in awhile. my new favorite is one of the cheepest at WF right now - one called "divine". It's 85%, doesn't cost an arm and a leg & it tastes good, and is fair trade, tho not organic.
    Ugh, I actually do not care for that one at all. Glad someone else does, though!

Quote Originally Posted by primal_alex View Post
    Me too, one of the biggest problems of living in Switzerland
    Ugh, jealous. At least you have delicious cheese to take your mind off the chocolate

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Trader Joes has a 3 pack of 72% Belgian chocolate bars they sell for a buck 69. I eat it everyday, I am afraid.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    One of my favorite chocolates to eat just for fun is the Chuao Firecracker bar. It's chipotle and pop rocks. It's awesome as far as mouth feel. So much fun. Vosges Mo's Bacon Bar is great too.
    Dr. Bork Bork... SHhhhhhhhhh!
    We aren't supposed to talk about THOSE.

I've made my own bars (very messy bar things rather) of Lindt 90%, some chili powder, and dried cherries.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!
    Not quite as fun as chipotle and the tingle of pop rocks... but very tasty!
    I've pretty much decided that all chocolate needs some chili of some type answered... pasilla is a good match too as far as adding flavor...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Ugh, I actually do not care for that one [divine] at all. Glad someone else does, though!
    wow that's interesting. It tastes the same to me as all the other 85%. i guess i really am NOT a connaisseur of chocolate at all! Perhaps this also helps explain why i can eat the same foods day after day while my husband goes bonkers if he has BAS for 5 days in a row.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    for a while, we were eating green and blacks and occasionally lindt. 85% or whatever. then we found endangered species 85%. very good. then i'd say for the past 6 months or so, it's been exclusively alter eco 85%. this stuff is awesome. and 3 weeks ago, i tried sweetriot 85%. i think i might like it better than the alter eco. it's really close. i'd definitely recommend any of those though

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    wow that's interesting. It tastes the same to me as all the other 85%. i guess i really am NOT a connaisseur of chocolate at all! Perhaps this also helps explain why i can eat the same foods day after day while my husband goes bonkers if he has BAS for 5 days in a row.
    Eh, well in general I don't like Ghana bars. Most don't have that peppery bite I'm looking for, and are overwhelming in the earthy taste. To each his own, really. You should try to rotate between different 85% bars and training your palate that way I think this will really help you to appreciate chocolate more so than now xD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast