Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 day yoga challenge anyone? page 2

Kitbug is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rawrrrr. I don't want to wait till Wednesday to start this. But I just don't have time until then. I'm doing yoga at home, but the more I read Bikram's book, the more I go "this sounds phenomenal!!" I'm willing to bet you all that all my back pain will go away if I do this for ten days straight... Keeping it gone will be the challenge...

Hey count me in! I've been thinking about checking out this 7-day promo deal at the yoga academy near my place so perfect timing I'll 'make up' the other 3 days by practising at home. Are you starting Wednesday?

Yoga memberships are expensiveeee... I'll splash out on one the moment I graduate and get a job (hopefully by Aug!). Currently I practice twice a week at the gym, it's a vinyasa flow type class.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I was on my walk this morning thinking I need to add something new but no all I have is Bethenny Frankel Skinnygirl yoga and no not gonna do that for 10 days.

Kitbug is offline Member
    Library? Mine has quite a few yoga DVDs. You could check one of those out. Or try to make your own practice if you have any previous experience.

Yes. Definitely Wednesday. I want to start tomorrow, but I'd have to take the 8pm class and then I'd get to bed around 1030 and I have to be up at 530 the next day, so I'm thinking I shouldn't. But I really want to! I want to try this for ten days so bad. And I want to try it now!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I've done yoga on a daily basis for about a six week interval on a couple of occassions. What I notice is that the breathing exercises and core strength work along with some meditation provided the most benefit IMO. I liked the forward, backward, and twist motions, but feel like the exteded times of holding more "passive stretch poses" were tedious and not much return on time invested. I would shorten some particular poses and extend others. Either way I liked it and still use some of it on more rare occasion these days.

I went down to check out the yoga academy! Door was locked though, and I pressed the only thing that looked like a doorbell - no answer. Maybe I'm missing some zen clue. And I forgot to bring my phone so I couldn't ring them up. Bah. Will try again tmr.

Still, I went for my usual yoga class at the gym today, so yay! Love it love it love it

Kitbug is offline Member
    Well, I'm starting a day early as I got done super early today so I have time to go to the 6:30 class! Woohoo! So my part is starting today. But for anyone starting Wednesday or Thursday, let's just put in a 10 full days to help support each other. I'll post how it goes tonight or tomorrow!

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Neckhammer, you may want to try a different style...vinyasa, power and astanga are all more flowing forms where poses are (typically) not held *as* long. It all depends though. Good luck finding what works best for you!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Kitbug is offline Member
    I am back from class one. It's hard, but not impossible. Had to rest a few times, but only because of the heat... I did feel like the teacher was cheating us a little, though. As in, the poses are supposed to be HELD for a certain amount of time, but she'd start counting as we were getting in to them. Still, I think I feel the beginning of sore muscles coming on, and I felt great as I was leaving, but I'm tired now. Then again, it's bed time for me.

Davidryan is offline Junior Member
    Well I have been attending yoga classes for 3 months which is great source of information for me . I have learned a lot from these classes . I have learned that yoga is all about stress , depression , Relaxation of mind and body . It is the best exercise for those who want to manage their weight as well .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast