Thread: BBS and sprinting page

TonyE is offline Member

BBS and sprinting

Primal Fuel
    anyone doing the body by science? I was wondering, because it says when starting the program that is the only exercise you are allowed. I was wondering if that included not doing sprints?

ciep is offline Senior Member
    BBS is a very specific exercise program, and you are correct, it does not involve sprinting. The author lays out for you exactly what to do and how to do it. If you change anything about the program (ex: adding sprints), then you are no longer doing BBS, you are doing your own version of it.

That said, sprinting is one of the greatest/most beneficial exercises a person can do. I personally wouldn't ever drop sprinting from my life, which is one reason that BBS isn't for me. I did find the book to be a very interesting read though, and I learned a lot from it which I've been able to apply to my own workout program.

As always, do what suits you. Enjoy

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I also learned a lot from reading BBS, but I'm finding that picking a program and trusting it seems to be a pretty good plan. I've been doing StrongLifts lately, and I really feel like I could be doing more on Benchpress, and should maybe be doing a little less on barbell rows, but I'm trusting the program and if I need to de-load, it'll happen.

That being said, I love doing sprints, and I don't think I'll give them up.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Ok...I take. I take information and acclimate it and incorporate it to my existing knowledge base. BBS and Primal are now part of that base. I have been doing BBS for 6 months now and have added in some HIIT on several weeks while doing the routine. Fact is Doug (the author) raced BMX....pretty intense stuff....while performing his BBS routines 1x/week. If your job/life is fairly sedentary you should add some scheduled exercise outside of BBS through the week IMO.....But for me I just play a lot. I jump on the trampoline with my kids, walk to work, throw some ball and so on. Just be active day to day if you can, but if you cant you gotta plan.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    anyone doing the body by science? I was wondering, because it says when starting the program that is the only exercise you are allowed. I was wondering if that included not doing sprints?
    Podcast #26: Body By Science with Dr. Doug McGuff, MD | The Bulletproof Executive