Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for pork rinds? try looking at Aldi page

dirk41 is offline Senior Member

looking for pork rinds? try looking at Aldi

Primal Fuel
    Been looking for pork rinds recently but Whole Foods and my local big grocery stores let me down. Then I remembered theres an Aldi near me, so I checked it out today. They have their own brand (called Clancy's) of unflavored pork rinds. The only ingredients are fried pork skins and salt. Perfect, and only 89 cents for a 3.75 oz bag. I believe the spicy flavored one lists soybean oil as an ingredient.

Also picked up some spicy guacamole. The ingredients checked out (no soybean oil) and it was 2.99 for a 14 oz bag. Just tasted it with the pork rinds and they're great. Probably can't beat homemade, but still very good.

beachbound is offline Junior Member
    No Aldi here in Sacramento, but I go to Raley's to get my pork rinds made by "El Sabroso"; fried pork skins and salt. Usually on sale for 1.99. Good stuff!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Yup, Aldi has some amazing finds and pleasant surprises. I actually found 79-cent avocados, in NEW YORK!

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    My local grocery chain (Giant) carries Goya chicharrones; ingredients: fried out pork fat with attached skin, salt added. They're more expensive than just the pork rinds, but I don't eat nearly as many of them because the fat leads quickly to satiety. Tastes great too.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed these at Aldi today, but didn't buy them because I wasn't sure what they were fried in. It says fried, but no oil or fat in the ingredient. Not sure if if that's because it's lard, but trying to find out and Google is letting me down so far.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Paleobird Guest
    I have found that the pork rinds available at the Mexican markets where I live are all natural, just pork and salt, no MSG and other junk. We don't have Aldi's here but do you have any markets that cater to hispanic folks?

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have found that the pork rinds available at the Mexican markets where I live are all natural, just pork and salt, no MSG and other junk. We don't have Aldi's here but do you have any markets that cater to hispanic folks?
    Not that I know of.

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Exciting news... Since there was no oil/fat listed on the ingredients I was suspicious if the pork rinds were actually friend in some kind of vegetable oil, but just got a response from Aldi to my customer inquiry and "we fry our Pork Rinds in their natural pork fat." Also learned they are produced by Evans Food (based here in Chicago!). Alright, off to buy some now.
    Last edited by DashFire; 06-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Wait... I CAN EAT PORK RINDS?!
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Sure you can eat them...but why would you want to? Those things look groooooooooooss!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast