Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Herbed Pizza Crust page

curlygirl is offline Senior Member

Tri-Herbed Pizza Crust

Primal Fuel
    Okay, this is our favorite crust yet. I've been playing with our crust recipe for months. Can't wait to share this one with you! Recipe and more photos here

Disclaimer: since it is pizza crust it does contain "paleo flour", so if that freaks you out, this isn't the recipe for you.
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Disclaimer: since it is pizza crust it does contain "paleo flour", so if that freaks you out, this isn't the recipe for you.

You can't post "Pizza" on a Paleo/Primal website. That's blasphemy! I'm Tellin;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post

You can't post "Pizza" on a Paleo/Primal website. That's blasphemy! I'm Tellin;-)
    I know , right???

Paleobird Guest
    Looks gorgeous.

I can understand why some individuals who shall remain nameless <*cough, Choco, cough*> have a vendetta against paleo flours because they can be taken to an extreme and become a crutch, yada, yada. But in this recipe, if the pizza is split for four hungry people, each one gets under a half cup which is a mix of coconut, almonds and flax. But I'm sure that is going to permanently impair your 03/06 ratio for life.

Paleobird-teehee

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    You girls are just plain evil

dantonn9 is offline Senior Member
    Where's the cheeeeeeese?
    Danni

Quote Originally Posted by dantonn9 View Post
    Where's the cheeeeeeese?
    Lol. Feel free to add it. We don't do dairy.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Looks gorgeous.

I can understand why some individuals who shall remain nameless <*cough, Choco, cough*> have a vendetta against paleo flours because they can be taken to an extreme and become a crutch, yada, yada. But in this recipe, if the pizza is split for four hungry people, each one gets under a half cup which is a mix of coconut, almonds and flax. But I'm sure that is going to permanently impair your 03/06 ratio for life.
    I have an issue with baking nut meals and flax because you're taking huge quantities of omega 6 polyunsaturated fat, grinding them to give them exponential surface area, then cooking them at hundreds of degrees. Whether or not you know it, that is the industrial recipe for making varnish. You are actually making paint thinner in your oven and eating it. Varnish IS heated flaxseed (linseed) oil.

The fact that it's a crutch isn't what bothers me. The fact that it's worse for you than wheat is what bothers me. You're eating something insanely poisonous that tastes terrible. If you're going to eat something you know is bad, just make a homemade sourdough pizza crust with normal wheat flour. It'll taste 10 times better and will actually be healthier than this catastrophe.

Make Your Own Oil/Varnish Blend | The Wood Whisperer

I'm all for the occasional meal off the Primal Blueprint. It's good for sanity. What bugs me is when people try to "paleo-ize" unhealthy food. The end result is still unhealthy, but it tastes bad. If you're going to be unhealthy, at least make it taste GOOD. In this case, the result is even worse for you than what you're trying to avoid. Especially when you can make a far better tasting crust with potato starch/tapioca flour/white rice flour. That's actually benign. This is a precursor to cancer.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 05-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I have an issue with baking nut meals and flax because you're taking huge quantities of omega 6 polyunsaturated fat, grinding them to give them exponential surface area, then cooking them at hundreds of degrees. Whether or not you know it, that is the industrial recipe for making varnish. You are actually making paint thinner in your oven and eating it. Varnish IS heated flaxseed (linseed) oil.

The fact that it's a crutch isn't what bothers me. The fact that it's worse for you than wheat is what bothers me. You're eating something insanely poisonous that tastes terrible. If you're going to eat something you know is bad, just make a homemade sourdough pizza crust with normal wheat flour. It'll taste 10 times better and will actually be healthier than this catastrophe.

Make Your Own Oil/Varnish Blend | The Wood Whisperer

I'm all for the occasional meal off the Primal Blueprint. It's good for sanity. What bugs me is when people try to "paleo-ize" unhealthy food. The end result is still unhealthy, but it tastes bad. If you're going to be unhealthy, at least make it taste GOOD. In this case, the result is even worse for you than what you're trying to avoid. Especially when you can make a far better tasting crust with potato starch/tapioca flour/white rice flour. That's actually benign. This is a precursor to cancer.

My husband and son are Celiac and can not eat wheat. I am gluten intolerant and get very sick if I do. Happened to me a week or so ago at my first non paleo meal -and I've been doing this a while. Gluten is poison - especially to some people. So a pizza splurge with paleo flours don't make us sick, but wheat sure does! There are many others in the same boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast