Thread: Greetings from the Green Mountains of Vermont page

Eric Garza is online now Member

Greetings from the Green Mountains of Vermont

Primal Fuel
    Hi folks, I've been lurking here for a few months and just finished reading Primal Blueprint, so finally joined the forum. Anyone else here from Vermont, by chance? I'd love to start a Primal Potluck in my region, anyone else tried this and enjoyed success?

About me: I recently finished a PhD at the University of Vermont and now teach and consult in the energy, agricultural and food sectors. I've done a fair amount of work studying the energy balances of different fuels (including biofuels), and am very interested in studying the energy balance of different foods as well.

I've got a website/blog that's in the early stages of being populated with content, it's coming along a little at a time: Path 2 Resilience.

Take care folks, have a great day!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Hi from a fellow Vermonter! I live across the state in St. Johnsbury. I know one other guy here besides my husband who is into paleo stuff. We are spread pretty thin!

Like you, I am also involved in food & agriculture; I started the St. Johnsbury Area Local Food Alliance, a local-food advocacy nonprofit: http://stj-alfa.org
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Eric Garza is online now Member
    Nice! Surely there are other folks around here. I suspect the number of Primal-friendly people in Vermont is at least moderately large, although the number who would consider signing up for an internet forum is probably much smaller.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    I know a few people who are marginally interested, but haven't gone so far as to give up grains. Lots of people around here are into real food, however.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

RichL is offline Junior Member
    I'm in Brandon, Vermont

vermonster is offline Junior Member
    Another VT individual here... I live in Derby, but career takes me around the central and northeast vt areas weekly. I know there are others in central vt that are following similar life styles, such as root wise wellness and the mocean project from central vt, and many of their clients. I'm just happy to be living in a corner of the world with ready availability of clean air, clean local food, and tons of opportunities for natural movement.

Playmore is offline Junior Member
    Hello! From down south in Brattleboro. Happy to be surrounded by clean air, clean local food, and lots of clean eaters. Many are vegan though and do not share my love of meat!

max008 is offline Junior Member
    Woohoo!

I'm not from Vermont, but I have a friend who is. I like Vermonters. :P

Great dairy products too, I adore your cheese.