Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help, I need advice page 31

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Yes, you are probably not about to die (although you could have a heart attack, that happens to anorexics) but you are likely to die if you carry on doing what you are doing, which you give every indication of being determined to do. The trouble is that the time before you get so thin they strap you to a hospital bed, something probably two or three months away yet, does terrible and often permanent damage to your body and health, setting the stage for much worse health in later life, including osteoporosis, poor fertility, early menopause, bad teeth, heart disease, liver and kidney damage and on-going mental health problems. It is a really bad idea to let things get so far that they have to force feed you (where you are heading) and even then, in many cases force-feeding comes too late and the patient dies.

Pushing yourself, in your currently starved state, will not do you the blindest bit of good, as the cognitive side effects will prevent you from being able to concentrate sufficiently or remembering what you need to know in the exam. Frankly there is no loss to you and everything to be gained in getting signed off sick from them. If I was your doctor I wouldn't hesitate to immediately sign you off sick for two months.

Climate makes a big difference to mental health problems. I think you would find a hot dry climate very beneficial. I definitely think your condition is serious enough to merit it. I don't think it is a coincidence that you got sucked into this in the middle of winter. Given the seriousness of your situation, as long as your parents are aware of it I think there is every reason to think they would be willing to take you away, especially as it is really important you break the cycle. Renting a cheap house for a few weeks in Cairns or wherever (Darwin? The Mediterranean? Bali? Toowoomba even?) is not cripplingly expensive if you keep costs down. You really need a change of scene.
    They were pretty clear about how you either do the exams or you don't, there's no postponing unfortunately.
    But I might go camping in a few weeks so that'll be a change of scene
    I've hardly gone anywhere in the last few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlee View Post
    seriously, ribbons, get off the forum if you exist and get a ne preoccupation than seeking attention here...as yiu say, you are not about to starve and clearly are not interested in primal as opposed to the attention

billip...creepy
    Yes I do exist. And obviously I wouldn't have come to this forum if I wasn't interested in primal and I just wanted attention; I'd go to "pro-ana" sites, which I'm not into btw. And I don't think billp is creepy at all Apart from constantly telling me I'm dying he's been very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    sounds like me... I've become obsessed with nutrition as well and when I'm not studying I constantly research it (or waste time on tumblr too) but now I really want to stop this obsessive calorie counting, I've lost weight but my hair started falling out and my skin is horrible... I think I'd rather have the extra few pounds, nice hair and skin and being able not to obsess about everything I eat :< I used intermittent fasting constantly lying to myself that I was being healthy this way but I ended up barely eating at alll... Health is more important than weight, and if we eat healthy and nourish our bodies then the weight will come off itself... without the bad side effects that come with starving yourself which I really regret now and I hope you can stop obsessing like that too :<
    Try to stop recording your calories anywhere and then you won't obsess as much. Well that's what has worked a bit for me anyway.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlee View Post
    billip, seriously, have you wondered why members back off commenting, have you thought about the effect of contributing to the microanalysis or response to the attention seeking?

Ribbons, you are clearly articulate and presumably smart and not about to expire

billip, are you ribbons and gadsie? are are you fuelling the drama to advance your own 'research"

seriously, ribbons, get off the forum if you exist and get a ne preoccupation than seeking attention here...as yiu say, you are not about to starve and clearly are not interested in primal as opposed to the attention

billip...creepy
    Why would you say shes seeking attention? She might be, but you have no clue
    well then

Oh and ribbons, just another advice, what I did, is accepting the fact that I will get fat and I just started eating whenever (healthy) not caring about getting fat. And guess what? I didn't
    well then

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You need to jump in at the deep end and eat a carton of Hagen Daazs.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Funny, that is exactly what I'm planning to do sunday after my workout
    well then

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Oh and ribbons, just another advice, what I did, is accepting the fact that I will get fat and I just started eating whenever (healthy) not caring about getting fat. And guess what? I didn't
    Haha you were underweight though weren't you? I'm already fat so it's hard to accept that I'll get fatter (even if I won't).
    I haven't eaten sugary food in like 6 months, I'm not ruining it now, especially while I have a lot to lose. Btw fun fact: Haagen Dazs is owned by Nestle (like basically everything else).

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Haha you were underweight though weren't you? I'm already fat so it's hard to accept that I'll get fatter (even if I won't).

I haven't eaten sugary food in like 6 months, I'm not ruining it now, especially while I have a lot to lose. Btw fun fact: Haagen Dazs is owned by Nestle (like basically everything else).
    Are you sure you need to lose weight? How it works is such a mystery to people. I've eaten 3 cartons of Hagen Daazs this week, eaten higher calorie all week, haven't gained an ounce.

Are you sure you need to lose weight?
    Technically I don't need to lose weight but I can definitely afford to.
    How it works is such a mystery to people. I've eaten 3 cartons of Hagen Daazs this week, eaten higher calorie all week, haven't gained an ounce.
    Maybe you've been doing more exercise?

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    And when you eat too little over a long period of time, you not only stop losing weight, your body will desperately hold onto all its fat for as long as possible because it's trying to keep you alive during a time of famine -- it thinks you're starving (which you are). Eating too little will not bring about weight loss, not until after your body is done basically eating itself. (To say nothing of all the stress you're putting yourself through over this, which leads to more cortisol production...and that leads to weight gain.)

So, to sum up: eating too little is one of the worst things you can do for healthy weight loss.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Fair enough, amberlee. Am quite tired today so am not at my most clear-headed myself. Point taken.
    God damn it. You are so right amberlee. I just remembered that I actually have a real project I was working on, am not interested in nutrition and neither approve of helping people or believe it possible or worthwhile. Thanks. I am clearly at least as capable of obsessing pointlessly as any dumb teenager. Signing off to work on a project that might actually make me some money, a thing I actually do care about.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast