Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 354

Thread: Please help, I need advice page 3

  1. #21
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,303
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    I checked my BMR and it's like 1421 calories so healthy weight loss would be that minus 500 calories with equals to just over 900 cals a day. I don't eat bacon because my family's Jewish but do you think I should add more coconut oil to my meal? I don't want to buy almond butter or nuts at this stage because I don't find them that filling and I always end up bingeing on them. Is it really necessary to add carbs like fruit? Wouldn't that just slow down my weight loss?
    No -- you **have** to eat a **minimum** of 1,421 calories just for your body to function properly. If you eat less than that, your body will slow down and store fat. Really and truly. I know many people whose weight loss stopped when they weren't eating at least their BMR. Please, please reconsider!

    Coconut oil is just for cooking -- unless you're eating spoonfuls of it. If you're going that route, then I strongly recommend coconut milk, which you can blend with, say, a banana or fresh berries and drink like a smoothie.

    No bacon? No problem! Consider some minimally processed chicken sausage -- I love Billinski's and Applegate Farms.

    Also, there's Greek yogurt blended with frozen and fresh berries. One serving of plain Greek yogurt is packed with 20+ grams of protein, and the fresh (or frozen) berries gives it more taste, sweetness, and some carbs. Fage is my favorite.

    If you're not going to add fruit for carbs, please add veggies. Lots of veggies. Cooked or raw, or both. When I make my eggs (pretty much every morning), I add diced onions, garlic, mushrooms and bell peppers, all fresh, and I saute them first in either coconut oil (if I'm having chicken sausage with my eggs) or bacon grease (if I'm having bacon), then adding the eggs (with some black pepper and dill weed), scramble everything, and voila!

  2. #22
    cookie's Avatar
    cookie is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northwest ohio
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    No -- you **have** to eat a **minimum** of 1,421 calories just for your body to function properly. If you eat less than that, your body will slow down and store fat. Really and truly. I know many people whose weight loss stopped when they weren't eating at least their BMR. Please, please reconsider!

    Coconut oil is just for cooking -- unless you're eating spoonfuls of it. If you're going that route, then I strongly recommend coconut milk, which you can blend with, say, a banana or fresh berries and drink like a smoothie.

    No bacon? No problem! Consider some minimally processed chicken sausage -- I love Billinski's and Applegate Farms.

    Also, there's Greek yogurt blended with frozen and fresh berries. One serving of plain Greek yogurt is packed with 20+ grams of protein, and the fresh (or frozen) berries gives it more taste, sweetness, and some carbs. Fage is my favorite.

    If you're not going to add fruit for carbs, please add veggies. Lots of veggies. Cooked or raw, or both. When I make my eggs (pretty much every morning), I add diced onions, garlic, mushrooms and bell peppers, all fresh, and I saute them first in either coconut oil (if I'm having chicken sausage with my eggs) or bacon grease (if I'm having bacon), then adding the eggs (with some black pepper and dill weed), scramble everything, and voila!
    seriously! this!
    1,421 is what it takes to keep the cells in your body alive! this means you could become sick if you under-consume that amount. that is danger zone. ignore the weight loss "benefits" of starvation and focus on the organ damage you are putting your body through.
    you need to eat so much more than 1,421 calories. eat the proper foods, and trust your body to manage the foods you nourish it with. your body doesn't know math. if you eat real foods, you won't need to worry about a 3,000+ calorie day. your body will thank you for nourishing it by behaving properly, losing weight effortlessly, functioning without complication, and staying disease free!
    eat!

  3. #23
    PoppaCap's Avatar
    PoppaCap is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    42
    Here's what worked for me. I quit eating sugar and wheat.
    I weighed 247 in January. I now weigh 191. Lost over 55lbs in 6 months. Is that fast enough?
    I never counted one calorie - I just ate meats, fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables and i ate when I was hungry and as much as I wanted.

    And I am a bit ashamed to admit it I've been really slothful the whole time - hardly any exercise.

    Have you read the "Start Here" section of Marks website? Good place to start.

  4. #24
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaCap View Post
    And I am a bit ashamed to admit it I've been really slothful the whole time - hardly any exercise.
    Your body was working hard to get healthy! Nothing to be ashamed about. You're awesome!

  5. #25
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    your body doesn't know math. if you eat real foods, you won't need to worry about a 3,000+ calorie day. your body will thank you for nourishing it by behaving properly, losing weight effortlessly, functioning without complication, and staying disease free!
    eat!
    Well put!!!

  6. #26
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    Ok, maybe I'll start having 2 meals a day because I don't think I can fit 1421 calories into one meal without adding grains. But will I still lose weight if I eat that much? I don't do much exercise, mostly just walking.

  7. #27
    Mia Bryant's Avatar
    Mia Bryant is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1093 Pinnickinick Street Bellingham, WA 98226
    Posts
    2
    Hey,
    I am new here. I have learned a lot from this post. I am very happy.

  8. #28
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Ok, maybe I'll start having 2 meals a day because I don't think I can fit 1421 calories into one meal without adding grains. But will I still lose weight if I eat that much? I don't do much exercise, mostly just walking.
    Yes. Walking is fabulous! Mark even says that moving slowly (walking) is much better than chronic cardio. And as you get used to eating enough healthy food to really fuel your body and let you safely burn fat, I bet you'll have more energy and will start adding a sprint or two into your exercise every 10 days or so, just because it feels so good to move.

    Did you see the various posts here about the difference between being lean (like the way you will get through TPB) and being "skinny fat"? If you look at two people in bathing suits, one of whom is lean and the other is skinny fat, you'd see that the lean person shows off a healthy, strong body; the skinny-fat person has zero muscle tone and looks like a strong breeze could knock her (or him) down.

    So yes, do start having two meals -- or even three. Do what you need to do to get to that BMR at the very least. Make sure you do it through primal/paleo foods. If you have to count anything, count your carb grams and your protein grams. You want your carbs low (between 50 and 100 g) for weight/fat loss and your protein high (ideally, 1 g per 1 lb of lean body mass). And eat your fat for energy! A handful of nuts; a slice of avocado on your turkey; make some paleo mayo and add that to your tuna or hard-boiled eggs.

    You can do it. Give it a week of eating this way, and see how you feel.

  9. #29
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Bryant View Post
    Hey,
    I am new here. I have learned a lot from this post. I am very happy.
    Welcome aboard, Mia!

  10. #30
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Yes. Walking is fabulous! Mark even says that moving slowly (walking) is much better than chronic cardio. And as you get used to eating enough healthy food to really fuel your body and let you safely burn fat, I bet you'll have more energy and will start adding a sprint or two into your exercise every 10 days or so, just because it feels so good to move.

    Did you see the various posts here about the difference between being lean (like the way you will get through TPB) and being "skinny fat"? If you look at two people in bathing suits, one of whom is lean and the other is skinny fat, you'd see that the lean person shows off a healthy, strong body; the skinny-fat person has zero muscle tone and looks like a strong breeze could knock her (or him) down.

    So yes, do start having two meals -- or even three. Do what you need to do to get to that BMR at the very least. Make sure you do it through primal/paleo foods. If you have to count anything, count your carb grams and your protein grams. You want your carbs low (between 50 and 100 g) for weight/fat loss and your protein high (ideally, 1 g per 1 lb of lean body mass). And eat your fat for energy! A handful of nuts; a slice of avocado on your turkey; make some paleo mayo and add that to your tuna or hard-boiled eggs.

    You can do it. Give it a week of eating this way, and see how you feel.
    Thank you, you've been very helpful. I'll see how I go with just clean primal foods and no calorie counting.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •