Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 354

Thread: Please help, I need advice page 11

  1. #101
    SteakNchop's Avatar
    SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    411
    Shop Now
    I do not think Gadsie has anorexia or is in danger of shriveling away and dying. He posts so much about all this worthless BS (how much I eat scares me!!! how much dairy can I eat? giving up paleo!! chocolate stock refilled! omg im eating orange sweet potatoes are they meant to be orange or white? I will get rid of my obsesssive behavior by leaving the forum for a week!!!) that he creates this false sense of someone with multiple eating disorders. I do not believe Gadsie randomly has an eating disorder. I think his disorder (which is almost identical with some eating disorders) is related to some other factor, either an obsessive, addictive personality or some unusual type of mental disease.

  2. #102
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    Yay

    But all they can do it talk to me, they can't change my illogical thoughts. And I think I'd have to talk to a different person next time anyway and it took most of that time just to say what the problem is because they're busy so they take a long time to reply. Obviously the best thing would be to see someone in person but I wouldn't be able to tell them anything because I'd get too nervous. So I'm sort of stuck.

  3. #103
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    I do not think Gadsie has anorexia or is in danger of shriveling away and dying. He posts so much about all this worthless BS (how much I eat scares me!!! how much dairy can I eat? giving up paleo!! chocolate stock refilled! omg im eating orange sweet potatoes are they meant to be orange or white? I will get rid of my obsesssive behavior by leaving the forum for a week!!!) that he creates this false sense of someone with multiple eating disorders. I do not believe Gadsie randomly has an eating disorder. I think his disorder (which is almost identical with some eating disorders) is related to some other factor, either an obsessive, addictive personality or some unusual type of mental disease.
    I think most people with eating disorders have an obsessive/addictive personality.

  4. #104
    SteakNchop's Avatar
    SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    I think most people with eating disorders have an obsessive/addictive personality.
    That may be true. A lot of people with eating disorders may have obsessive/addictive personalities. However, using that as a point is like saying red meat causes cancer because people who eat more red meat have more cancer. It can be hypothesized that obsessive/addictive personalities result in eating disorders, but what you're saying is essentially worthless in terms of verifiable information.

  5. #105
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    That may be true. A lot of people with eating disorders may have obsessive/addictive personalities. However, using that as a point is like saying red meat causes cancer because people who eat more red meat have more cancer. It can be hypothesized that obsessive/addictive personalities result in eating disorders, but what you're saying is essentially worthless in terms of verifiable information.
    Ok I get what you're saying but I don't know Gadsie personally so I don't know whether he does or doesn't have an eating disorder or some other disorder.

  6. #106
    SteakNchop's Avatar
    SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Ok I get what you're saying but I don't know Gadsie personally so I don't know whether he does or doesn't have an eating disorder or some other disorder.
    Neither do I, though I've probably read more of his posts. I think I should clarify a few things, though. Gadsie's path to supposedly anorexia is quite odd. Most guys his age who get anorexia have thought patterns like this:
    me wanna be ripped. me dunt wanna be "fat." me eat less to get ripped. me eat lesser to get rippered. me eat nothing to get rippest. me a skinny f****t now. me dunt wanna get fat so me dunt eat. me die of starvation.

    I may as well toss in the teenage female version 'cause this is kinda fun:

    omg i like like this dress. it's like like the pretiest thing evr <3. omg that's like the pretiest model wit it. omg i like cant fit. omg i like wanna be skinny. then i wil like fit in that dress omg!!! omg!!! omg!! omg i eat like nothing. omg im like starving to death. omg i still dont fit dress. thats like not coool. omg i go to hospital and they force feed me to tube. omg the hospital room like really smells and the doctor needs a brefmint. omg i get out and like starve myself again. omg i then like becum bulimec and through up and stuf. omg i like still cant fit into the dress. omg i starve myself again. omg i like die.

    I think Gadsie's is more like this:
    Hmmm, diabetes runs in my family. Wow, sugar is bad for me. Primal Blueprint...this makes sense....hmmmm....I'll eat like this. I don't know if I'm hungry or not. I don't know if I'm full. I think I'm full but maybe the apple I ate earlier is interfering with my hunger signals. But maybe my thinking about if I'm hungry or full is interfering with my hunger signals. But I've spent so long thinking about this that I think I'm hungry again. But I just ate so I don't know if I should eat. Wow....I'm really obsessing. Tuesday: I quit paleo!!!! Wednesday: What's better for you, green cabbage or red cabbage? Which is better healthwise, turmeric or cumin? Is dark chocolate ok to have? Thursday: I ate a breaded fish filet! I ate a breaded fish filet! I ate a breaded fish filet! Now give me my congratulations for my great achievement. Friday: My toe hurts, I can't lift, do I lift first thing in the morning on Monday or do I do it a half hour after I get up? Is it better to do it 30 minutes earlier so I don't have as long before workouts or should I take the time to get dressed and shower? Saturday: I went out with friends! But they say I'm boring because all I ever think about is whether I should be eating almonds or eating pecans. Sunday: I eat so much. I simply cannot believe it. I am some genetic anomaly with an ability to eat enormous amounts of food that no other man could eat. Monday: I'm getting help! Now praise me for it! Tuesday: I don't know if I'm full or not, again. Oh and I got this awesome chocolate from Timbuktu that is 95% cacao. I am going to a restaurant, too. They cook in ghee!!! You all really care so much about me! I can ask questions all day long without ever considering looking them up myself because you are all computerized robots here to fulfill my demands!

    Gadsie has something, but don't tell me he is in any way similar to the first guy.

  7. #107
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    Neither do I, though I've probably read more of his posts. I think I should clarify a few things, though. Gadsie's path to supposedly anorexia is quite odd. Most guys his age who get anorexia have thought patterns like this:
    me wanna be ripped. me dunt wanna be "fat." me eat less to get ripped. me eat lesser to get rippered. me eat nothing to get rippest. me a skinny f****t now. me dunt wanna get fat so me dunt eat. me die of starvation.

    I may as well toss in the teenage female version 'cause this is kinda fun:

    omg i like like this dress. it's like like the pretiest thing evr <3. omg that's like the pretiest model wit it. omg i like cant fit. omg i like wanna be skinny. then i wil like fit in that dress omg!!! omg!!! omg!! omg i eat like nothing. omg im like starving to death. omg i still dont fit dress. thats like not coool. omg i go to hospital and they force feed me to tube. omg the hospital room like really smells and the doctor needs a brefmint. omg i get out and like starve myself again. omg i then like becum bulimec and through up and stuf. omg i like still cant fit into the dress. omg i starve myself again. omg i like die.

    I think Gadsie's is more like this:
    Hmmm, diabetes runs in my family. Wow, sugar is bad for me. Primal Blueprint...this makes sense....hmmmm....I'll eat like this. I don't know if I'm hungry or not. I don't know if I'm full. I think I'm full but maybe the apple I ate earlier is interfering with my hunger signals. But maybe my thinking about if I'm hungry or full is interfering with my hunger signals. But I've spent so long thinking about this that I think I'm hungry again. But I just ate so I don't know if I should eat. Wow....I'm really obsessing. Tuesday: I quit paleo!!!! Wednesday: What's better for you, green cabbage or red cabbage? Which is better healthwise, turmeric or cumin? Is dark chocolate ok to have? Thursday: I ate a breaded fish filet! I ate a breaded fish filet! I ate a breaded fish filet! Now give me my congratulations for my great achievement. Friday: My toe hurts, I can't lift, do I lift first thing in the morning on Monday or do I do it a half hour after I get up? Is it better to do it 30 minutes earlier so I don't have as long before workouts or should I take the time to get dressed and shower? Saturday: I went out with friends! But they say I'm boring because all I ever think about is whether I should be eating almonds or eating pecans. Sunday: I eat so much. I simply cannot believe it. I am some genetic anomaly with an ability to eat enormous amounts of food that no other man could eat. Monday: I'm getting help! Now praise me for it! Tuesday: I don't know if I'm full or not, again. Oh and I got this awesome chocolate from Timbuktu that is 95% cacao. I am going to a restaurant, too. They cook in ghee!!! You all really care so much about me! I can ask questions all day long without ever considering looking them up myself because you are all computerized robots here to fulfill my demands!

    Gadsie has something, but don't tell me he is in any way similar to the first guy.
    I thought he had orthorexia though, not anorexia. That's probably the difference between him and the first guy.

  8. #108
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    Ribbons - First of all, I'm so proud of you for keeping the appointment!!! That took a lot of courage, and you did it! Be proud of yourself for making a commitment and seeing it through.

    Second - If only we could see results after one session! But if you think about it, it took you a long time for your mindset to become what it is now regarding food and control and personal happiness; it's going to take time with counseling for you to get a sense of balance. Please try to be patient, and believe that you can be healthy and be happy. It's going to take time, but you really, really can do it.

    I'm rooting for you. **waves pom poms**

    Please keep the appointment on the 11th.

  9. #109
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    Neither do I, though I've probably read more of his posts. I think I should clarify a few things, though. Gadsie's path to supposedly anorexia is quite odd. Most guys his age who get anorexia have thought patterns like this:
    me wanna be ripped. me dunt wanna be "fat." me eat less to get ripped. me eat lesser to get rippered. me eat nothing to get rippest. me a skinny f****t now. me dunt wanna get fat so me dunt eat. me die of starvation.

    I may as well toss in the teenage female version 'cause this is kinda fun:

    omg i like like this dress. it's like like the pretiest thing evr <3. omg that's like the pretiest model wit it. omg i like cant fit. omg i like wanna be skinny. then i wil like fit in that dress omg!!! omg!!! omg!! omg i eat like nothing. omg im like starving to death. omg i still dont fit dress. thats like not coool. omg i go to hospital and they force feed me to tube. omg the hospital room like really smells and the doctor needs a brefmint. omg i get out and like starve myself again. omg i then like becum bulimec and through up and stuf. omg i like still cant fit into the dress. omg i starve myself again. omg i like die.

    I think Gadsie's is more like this:
    Hmmm, diabetes runs in my family. Wow, sugar is bad for me. Primal Blueprint...this makes sense....hmmmm....I'll eat like this. I don't know if I'm hungry or not. I don't know if I'm full. I think I'm full but maybe the apple I ate earlier is interfering with my hunger signals. But maybe my thinking about if I'm hungry or full is interfering with my hunger signals. But I've spent so long thinking about this that I think I'm hungry again. But I just ate so I don't know if I should eat. Wow....I'm really obsessing. Tuesday: I quit paleo!!!! Wednesday: What's better for you, green cabbage or red cabbage? Which is better healthwise, turmeric or cumin? Is dark chocolate ok to have? Thursday: I ate a breaded fish filet! I ate a breaded fish filet! I ate a breaded fish filet! Now give me my congratulations for my great achievement. Friday: My toe hurts, I can't lift, do I lift first thing in the morning on Monday or do I do it a half hour after I get up? Is it better to do it 30 minutes earlier so I don't have as long before workouts or should I take the time to get dressed and shower? Saturday: I went out with friends! But they say I'm boring because all I ever think about is whether I should be eating almonds or eating pecans. Sunday: I eat so much. I simply cannot believe it. I am some genetic anomaly with an ability to eat enormous amounts of food that no other man could eat. Monday: I'm getting help! Now praise me for it! Tuesday: I don't know if I'm full or not, again. Oh and I got this awesome chocolate from Timbuktu that is 95% cacao. I am going to a restaurant, too. They cook in ghee!!! You all really care so much about me! I can ask questions all day long without ever considering looking them up myself because you are all computerized robots here to fulfill my demands!

    Gadsie has something, but don't tell me he is in any way similar to the first guy.
    lol, calm down, I appreciate your help but just ignore me if you can't handle the way I act
    Billie trips balls

  10. #110
    hulahoop's Avatar
    hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    We mostly just talked about how I always feel like I'm not good enough etc. But I don't think it made any difference I feel exactly the same as I did before. She asked me if I want to make another appointment because we were running out of time and I said that there's no point because I don't think anyone can help me but she said she'll book me in for the 11th anyway and I can cancel if I don't want to do it. I don't know what to do now.
    It won't make an immediate difference, it doesn't work like that. I had therapy, it took about 12-15 sessions before things changed for me. For some people it will happen quicker than this, for others it will take longer. Just because you don't see immediate changes doesn't mean you won't after numerous sessions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Yay

    But all they can do it talk to me, they can't change my illogical thoughts. And I think I'd have to talk to a different person next time anyway and it took most of that time just to say what the problem is because they're busy so they take a long time to reply. Obviously the best thing would be to see someone in person but I wouldn't be able to tell them anything because I'd get too nervous. So I'm sort of stuck.
    I was terrified seeing a counsellor face to face, i was literally shaking. However, they are trained to know how to make you feel relaxed in their company and how to get you to open up. It's a safe environment, completely confidential.

    Please continue getting help xx

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •