Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Contraceptive pill and body fat distribution page 4

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    If I'm reading this right, you are then "off limits" for about 50% of the time if you use the Billings Method? Yikes, I dunno that my husband will go for that ... at least not after being used to me being on Seasonique where it's only about 5% of the time!

Nibbler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    ...mostly from the underside of my butt (my main "problem area")
    I have this also, the fold under butt, I think surgeons refer to it as the 'banana'... curse you, banana!

Quote Originally Posted by Cin View Post
    I've used Billings for 13 years. I have 4 precision-planned kids -- I conceive when I want to, and don't when I don't. It takes some self-control, but completely worth it.

Your body tells you when you are fertile. No temperature taking.
    Hmm this is interesting, thank you. I have to say that I'm not entirely sure I can be relied upon to make accurate observations, but then I really haven't been in tune with my body for a long time, maybe it would come naturally. Maybe I could combine this with temperature reading to begin with to be more certain. At any rate, I'll have to wait for my body to find it's natural state of hormonal equilibrium so until that's achieved I'll stick to a barrier method, then give it a go. Also have to convince my boyfriend!

Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    Yes, I would be interested. All changes, good and bad ... weight/fat distribution, libido, sleep, etc.
    Okey dokey. I will bung it in my journal, but when I start I'll post on this thread to let you know.

Cin
    Cin is offline Member
    Hey, just offered it in the interests of sharing info.

And yeah, there is a bit of abstaining involved, and for me it's about half my cycle. For me, for many reasons, it's worth it.

As for not having fertility symptoms: a woman experiencing that may not have cervical mucus due to the pill -- you can be ovulating normally after giving up the pill but not making mucus, because the pill can permanently damage the cervical cells which make mucus. Cervical mucus is not only the indicator of fertility -- it IS fertility. No mucus, no natural conception. It keeps the sperm alive, feeds them, and gives them a "river" to swim up. Without fertile cervical mucus, sperm die within 30 minutes of entering the vagina, and cannot swim to the cervix. Cervical mucus can keep sperm alive for up to a week!

Long-term use of the pill can also screw up and shorten your cycle's luteal phase when you stop the pill, causing a lack of progesterone -- which can cause miscarriage if you have conceived.

All women have a right to fully informed consent about the possible long-term effects of hormonal contraception. We have a right to make informed decisions.

All the best as people discern!

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I'm about to be placed on the pill for medical reasons and I am very concerned about side effects. My husband got snipped years ago so I'm neither using it for BC or caring about my future fertility. I have severe pain about 1/2 the month and severe dysmenhorea (sp?)which my doc suspects is endometriosis. After three months on the pill, I go in to be evaluated. I'd prefer surgery, but that's only good for about 5 years, and at the cost of BC for us ($5/month) versus surgery (no freaking clue) I know I have to make my choice based on economics. A friend has asked me to consider the Nuva-ring, as it's the lowest dose you can get and is continuous, without fluctuations.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Vaginal rings and patches have recently been linked to increased risk of thrombosis BBC News - Vaginal rings 'riskier than contraceptive pill'
    Maybe someone else will be able to chip in with experience on endometriosis?

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Good to know, thanks.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

OK ladies and lurkers, just to let you know I have stopped taking the pill. I have a spare pack in case it's all too unbearable. I have just finished my pill free week, so technically I should start a new pack tomorrow but I'm not going to. I will *try* to keep my journal updated, been a bit slack with the updates lately due to life getting in the way.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    I have this also, the fold under butt, I think surgeons refer to it as the 'banana'... curse you, banana!
    I think the anatomical term is gluteal sulcus.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast