Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contraceptive pill and body fat distribution page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Um yeah, I do EVENTUALLY get annoyed after laying there for hours feeling horribly exhausted yet unable to sleep, but I can't imagine that anyone else would feel differently! I have a very calm, even-keel personality, in no way given to anxiety ... so I know the doctor is full of crap. It's a physical problem, not mental. I think it's very possible that long-term BCP use can upset the delicate balance of your other hormones that regular sleep, energy, hunger, weight, libido, etc.
    I know when I lose sleep due to stress. In fact, some nights when I am under stress, I actually sleep better than on a totally peaceful day after a meditation session.

I tried:
    sleeping aid pills, extra strength, which means that I still wake up at 2 am, only feel drowsy
    valerian pills and teas: no impact
    warm milk before bed: wake up sweaty and wired....

I am starting to cut out fluids starting today (because I am having a really bad week!) after 6 pm, like for a child to make sure it is not bladder problem....

After that I am out of ideas....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    Um.... did coming off the pill improve anyone's sex drive and comfort... if you know what I mean. My partner is lush and we get on very well indeed but I'm not often interested, I think the pill is also crushing my sex drive.
    While on birth control I had very low sex drive. I had SUCH an improvement after coming off it - it totally made up for the annoyance of condoms! Of course, everyone's different...but it definitely was a great additional side effect for me
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Nibbler is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to do it! I am doing to ditch the bloody pill! I have informed my boyfriend. He just blinked at me. I am going to do it once my exams are out of the way (mid June) in case I go mental or feel horrid. I feel quite excited now.
    Would it be interesting or useful to anyone for me to keep coming back and updating on my progress au naturel? I have a journal but I could just keep this thread going. Please do say if you think it's unnecessary.

Nibbler is offline Senior Member

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    I'm going to do it! I am doing to ditch the bloody pill! I have informed my boyfriend. He just blinked at me. I am going to do it once my exams are out of the way (mid June) in case I go mental or feel horrid. I feel quite excited now.
    Would it be interesting or useful to anyone for me to keep coming back and updating on my progress au naturel? I have a journal but I could just keep this thread going. Please do say if you think it's unnecessary.
    Yes, I would be interested. All changes, good and bad ... weight/fat distribution, libido, sleep, etc. I am seriously thinking about going off too but all the other options (save for an IUD, which is too long-term for me right now) are less convenient ... so I'd want to see some pretty good improvements to make up for it!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    So glad I went off that damn thing, pure evil.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I first went on the pill when I was a good decade out of puberty, so I'm sure it had nothing to do with my body shape. I've always been an hourglass/pear. I've gone off it a few times and never noticed a difference in my body fat. I most recently stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago and lost 3 lbs, mostly from the underside of my butt (my main "problem area") BUT I also started primal about a month ago, so I suspect it has more to do with my diet.

Cin
    Cin is offline Member
    Nibbler, for most healthy women, there's absolutely no need to use any form of artificial BC to avoid conception.

Try a scientific natural method such as the Billings Ovulation Method: Billings Method and Billings Method billingsMentor

I've used Billings for 13 years. I have 4 precision-planned kids -- I conceive when I want to, and don't when I don't. It takes some self-control, but completely worth it.

Your body tells you when you are fertile. No temperature taking.

Good luck!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    When I took the Pill I found it easier to maintain a lower weight and had much less severe problems with PMS and menstrual cramps. It also helped cure my acne. My sex drive was lowered though.

I'm very averse to taking it again now that I am primal and the problems that it alleviated are thankfully much diminished. I've been off it for at least 6 years. It has served its purpose as far as I'm concerned. It is the only pharmaceutical, apart from occasional antibiotics, that I have been very happy and willing to take.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 05-29-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: grammar
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Heh, I am completely healthy, but my periods before the pill were never the same length, and when I was off the pill ttc, my body absolutely never told me when I am ovulating. There was absolutely no signs in all 2.5 years of ttc, and I had a missed miscarriage, after which I did not have periods at all for like 3 months till I basically shook my physycian to send me to a gynecologist who put me on prometrium. Then they had to put me on chlomid. After 4 months on chlomid, I went off chlomid by my own initative (was afraid of multiples), got 4 periods of euql length for the first time I could remember, and then got pg.

Anyway, natural is not for us. I talked to husband, and he will look into a surgery. Both of his best friends apparently did it, and seem to be pretty darn happy. So, not as scary for him as I thought!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast