Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0 Net Carb Breads page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

0 Net Carb Breads

Primal Fuel
    Has anybody tried this bread? Supposed to have 0 net carbs, no gluten etc.

Carb Zero Bread – Regular (0 Net Carbs) (Gluten Free)

Paleobird Guest
    Sounds like a lot of fiber, oat fiber and psyllium, holding together a little bit of eggs and oil. I don't think you really need to be consuming that much non-digestible fiber. And nutritionally it looks pretty slim. No "net" carbs but not much else there either.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    For the record - Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Gluten Free Oat Fiber, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda

I'd be a little concerned about the oat fiber and psyllium, but I'm not a fan of fiber anyway.

Most "zero carb" items (including this one) are only zero NET carbs, which means the carbs are all fiber and not digestible. This one is no exception with 9 grams of fiber.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    It probably tastes disgusting too. Unless there is a dietary reason to not consume bread (like being Celiac), just eat real bread on occasion. Frankenfood replacements don't do people any favors.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Carbs aren't the problem. Toxic foods are the problem. The fact that wheat is a starch is meaningless. Wheat is bad because it contains, gluten, WGA, phytic acid, a host of other bad lectins and very little nutrition (it's empty calories). That being said, human beings aren't made to eat sawdust. I would much, MUCH rather eat sourdough wheat bread than that poisonous garbage. Sourdough bread far more closely resembles food than that brick.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't say the ingredient list is that much worse than regular old bread.
    Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Gluten Free Oat Fiber, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

I've actually had bread from them before and it was excellent. I would consider it better tasting than regular whole wheat bread. I still wouldn't eat it for the reasons chocotaco mentioned.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Mainly looking for something to ween my wife off bread, which she loves, thought this might be a good stepping stone. May have her try it and get a report back to everyone on how it tastes.

http://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourney...ngThePaleoDiet

oongi2Iedie is offline Junior Member
    The fact that wheat is a starch is meaningless. Wheat is bad because it contains, gluten, WGA, phytic acid, a host of other bad lectins and very little nutrition (it's empty calories). That being said, human beings aren't made to eat sawdust. I would much, MUCH rather eat sourdough wheat bread than that poisonous garbage.

billp is offline Senior Member
    ^ Might make sense for this forum to impose some sort of barrier on Junior Member accounts. Captcha maybe, or moderation for the first five posts, or whatever. Something that doesn't break the flow of the forum but stops blatant bot spam.

OP: don't eat fake bread. Just eat something else instead. Like what Choco said about eating sawdust. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Looking at the list of ingredients, you can bake your own version of these oat cakes for far cheaper, I bet.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast