Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How often do you cheat? page 4

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    About once a week for years but last weekend was a small packet of pb. My serious cheat (gluten free cake) is every other weekend.

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm, maybe I should hear more about this gluten free cake.

marcusp is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneidle24seven View Post
    Like most of you guys, I cheat once in a while, perhaps a little too often. I do pride myself however on avoiding the grains 99.9% of the time. My real Achilles heel is crisps (potato chips). Just yesterday I was cleaning out my daughters school lunchbox and found an open packet of crisps, just one or two eaten, so I thought to myself, 'just one' then I'll ditch them. In 30 seconds flat I'd wolfed down the whole bag............................ Grok ate crisps didn't he?
    my weakness is crisps to day 4 and ive cheated already my son left an open pack of walkers laying about I ate them then had another packet...... oh dear but I managed to stop

QT3.14 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    This is a lifestyle not a diet. There are no cheats only non-primal indulgences.

Yup, that's pretty much how I view it. I live most days primal, but now and then if the occasion calls for it, I will indulge in something non-primal. And then of course, there's my Friday and Saturday night gin & tonics...........
    Of course I'm out of my mind ~ It's dark and scary in there!

Black_Diamond is offline Junior Member
    This may be too much information, but I base my non primal meals around my cycle. I know my cravings are really low the first 10 or so days after my period, so I don't have any non primal meals during the first week. Apart from that week I have a non primal meal every Sunday, this meal can be as big as I want. It's a weakness. I need it to be organised like that, so when I get a craving during the week it's easier to fight.

I stopped eating Pasta before I became Paleo, around three years ago now, gave up potatoes even before that, I've never been a pizza person, I don't drink anything but water, green tea and rooibos tea and have never had even a sip of alcohol (I'm 24 now), I have no problem not eating those foods, or white bread. I crave everything else, love ice cream, chocolate, licorice, jelly lollies, peanut butter, quality sourdough bread, rice paper sushi, gourmet hamburgers, cookies (sometimes).

I have decided to make most of my craving foods go the way of Pasta, soft drink and Pizza for me, cut them out and not miss them any more, so I am going to start with the junkfood I least enjoy and stop eating it completely, cut out something every month. Starting with cakes and doughnuts (don't really eat the latter ever), they contain trans fats, gluten and tonnes of sugar.

sacredgrooves is offline Junior Member
    I am nearing the end of the weight loss phase and actually have not cheated once. I read all I could find for a month or so and then one day I flipped the switch and went Primal without looking back. 51 lbs gone! Now that I am within a few pounds of goal I would like to have a slice of pizza or something, but I cannot bring myself to do it. I am worried it may not taste all that good after several months away, and I want to keep the illusion of it being good in my mind lol.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I don't cheat in life!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I don't cheat in life!
    +1

You can cheat on an exam; you can cheat on a spouse; you can cheat (though I think of it as a moral stance) on your taxes. You can't cheat on yourself. There's no mommy or daddy here, there are only suggestions on how to make your eating and life more healthful. Cheating in relation to food is an archaic construct born of calorie counting.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Generally I prefer Green and Blacks Organic Ice cream, but any ice cream will do, after my long runs on the weekend, or whenever my mood is low. Although saying that, there are generally alot of primal dessert foods that feel like cheating anyway, which actually makes me feel better about silencing my sweet tooth.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Cheat ? mmmm, you will have to define that. If you mean: eat processed foods, aka full of EXXX, unpronounceable chemical stuff, refined sugar as main ingredient, wheat-this-or-that, etc then no, I don't cheat AT ALL, even during social events where I simply decline the offer without giving any sort of excuse. The reason is: I just don't feel like this stuff at all.

If you mean binging on fruits (strawberries - blueberries with whipped cream, vanilla and xylitol: yummy!!!) or "palefaux" food once in a while (pancakes, muffins, etc) then yes, but it is quite random, depends on my physical workout. I actually don't crave these things, but I join my 2 young kids in these sort of things sometimes

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast