Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you cheat? page 2

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    I tend to stay as Primal as possible as often as I can. Some days I feel brave and venture off the reservation, but this is usually about 2-3 times a month at most. Today I had some cookies (Oreoes...yummy ) after my breakfast and felt all right about it. I was in control the entire time and I think that's what's most important. I can "cheat" a little and not nosedive into a full out binge. That's the big thing I think.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    It depends what you mean by "cheat". Which in turn depends on what you mean by "primal".

So what do you mean by "primal"?

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I feel like it, really. It usually ends up being once or twice per month, sometimes less, sometimes more. It depends on what's going on. It's almost always some type of cheesecake or huge dessert.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    If you don't consider cheese, greek yogurt, and a lindt 99% bar 3x a week a cheat, then I never cheat. I wish I was mentally capable of doing so once in a while . But I'm sure that WHEN I cheat, it will be like an entire pint of ice cream so maybe it's a good thing I almost never cheat
    well then

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    There are no cheats if you define your lifestyle as "mostly primal whenever possible." Either eat primal foods or don't, and accept the consequences. I eat "primal approved" foods most of the time, without regard for ratios, percentages, macros, calories, weigh ins. And I feel better for it. When I CHOOSE to eat non-primal foods I do so knowing that there's a chance I'm going to feel less than optimal afterwards.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I don't think in terms of 'cheat'. I avoid the foods that don't agree with me (grains, legumes and uncultured dairy) and focus on basic things like veggies and protein. But there are some grey areas~

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    I'll have some wine, some licorice and some ice cream every once in a while. So...once a month maybe and I pay no attention to it. What I never mess with is anything with gluten in it.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I agree with not thinking of certain foods as cheats. There's things I eat never, things I eat infrequently, and things I eat often. I use what Mark calls the "Primal Blueprint" and Kurt Harris calls the "Evolutionary Metabolic Milieu" as a guideline (along with how foods make me feel) to determine which group a food fits into.

Boneidle24seven is offline Senior Member
    Like most of you guys, I cheat once in a while, perhaps a little too often. I do pride myself however on avoiding the grains 99.9% of the time. My real Achilles heel is crisps (potato chips). Just yesterday I was cleaning out my daughters school lunchbox and found an open packet of crisps, just one or two eaten, so I thought to myself, 'just one' then I'll ditch them. In 30 seconds flat I'd wolfed down the whole bag............................ Grok ate crisps didn't he?
    http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
    ― Carl Sagan

plastic is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i don't think in terms of 'cheating'...i eat healthy, occasionally i eat a non-primal thing due to circumstance or desire (which is usually a beer)

i don't think about it, hold on to it, or worry about it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast