Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obese America page

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090701/...esity_rankings

Shocked to see that almost half the children in Mississippi are obese!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Not that shocking, but incredibly sad.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I'm so proud to be a resident of Mississippi right now. *sigh*

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Nicki25 Guest

"We're still getting fatter, but maybe a little more slowly than before," he said.

yaaaaay! Set your standards low and you can achieve anything!

Sad thing is, that CW on losing weight makes this WORSE!

Biglee Guest

Here in Ohio there getting bigger and bigger and lazier by the day. Our local grocery stores used to have 2 or 3 electric scooters,now I see almost a dozen of them at the entrance. I see these folks riding them thru the stores and most folks are wider than the actual scooter (sometimes even wider than the big basket mounted on the front) blocking the isles. I always look at their baskets to see what they are buying,guess what they buy the most....

cheap carbs and soda's. It gets me sick what is happening to Americans. I also see so many homes and yards neglected due to obese owners who have no interest in the upkeep. Many sit on a broke down porch eating chips and drinking sodas while the house and yard are falling apart.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I have never seen so many obese people together in my life like in a Costco near New Haven, CT. Massive people buying massive bags of pastries. I can only imagine how it's like in other states.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I've driven through the south several times in the last two years, most recently in May. Also visit Texas fairly often. I can see the general obesity rates in those states, especially after living in or visiting Colorado. The latter is one of the very least obese states. Lots of active lifestyles.

I have a Chinese friend who I met almost immediately after she came to America (Denver) in 1997. With her extremely limited English she conveyed to me how astounded she was with so many Americans being "heavyset." (She is now a citizen, is that cool or what?)

When I go to the beach for my 3 mile walk, and even though I am still 60 pounds overweight, sometimes I feel positively skinny compared to the beached whales of all ages and both sexes that I see. I still don't take my shirt off from embarrassment. I can't imagine buying a size 65 waist or whatever swim suit and then showing all that flesh. Yuck-ola!

PS: But some of the other scenery is SO motivating to keep losing weight!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Biglee- those scooters make me crazy.

Serialsinner- Costco is the worst. Especially on Saturdays when they offer the free samples. Watch out!

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

I grew up in a rural area north of Pittsburgh. Before I moved away last year, the scooter was widely used at the local Wal-Mart. A disturbing amount of grossly obese children usually shopped there with their grossly obese parents. A bad cycle, indeed.

I went to Poland on business and the majority of my Polish colleagues said they'd never move to America after visiting a local Wal-Mart when visiting the US. One woman said "Expose my healthy children to junk food, hamburgers, and fat people in carts? - No. I would not like that at all. You could not offer me a job that pays enough to handle that."

I used to walk to work everyday and most of my colleagues deemed me insane. If you live 1.5 miles from your workplace and have the ability...then walk! It's a no brainer.

People really confuse me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast