Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obese America page 2

grandma is offline Member

Primal Fuel

We like to bash the Conventional Wisdom of life style, but the truth is that if some people actually followed it they would be better off. I don't think Doritos was what the ADA had in mind when they put "Healthy Whole Grains" on the bottom of the food pyramid and soda was never meant as a baby formula.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

grandma, if I choose to participate in the USDA program available to in-home child care centers (they reimburse up to a certain amount of the money you spend on food for the students IF you follow their guidelines), I will be able to feed the children cake and ice cream and count it as a serving of "bread" and a serving of "dairy."

I wish I were kidding. It's in the list of approved foods.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

grandma is offline Member

I don't think the USDA would approve of making Cake and Ice Cream your only source of "bread" and "dairy". I assume those are on the list as cheats or rewards. I think they expect that those using the program are exercising good judgement.

It is clear that people are not exercising good judgment and they are being fooled by marketing. It appears that people are following the "see food diet".

When I speak about CW, I am thinking about my Dr and the media; they are telling me to eat fruits and veggies and lean meats. They not telling me to eat Cherrios. It is Big Food that is telling me to eat processed crap, and our government is letting them get away with it. That's where the problem lies.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12