Thread: LHT and Move Slowly on the same day? page

GRAHAMV2 is offline Junior Member

LHT and Move Slowly on the same day?

Primal Fuel
    I've read Mark's fitness e-book and I am excited to impliment this into my life, however, between my commute to work and going to school, I am finding it hard to fit everything in. Of course, I feel that means there is an underlying issue with my life in the first place (too busy & stressed!) but as I work that out I was wondering if it is possible to move slowly (say for about an hour) and do my Lift Heavy Things workout on the same day? I saw nothing in Mark's book that said otherwise

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Definitely. I used to read a book while walking after all my heavy lifting workouts. Lifting requires glycogen, but moving slowly doesn't, so neither "workouts" should be compromised.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 05-23-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: clarification

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Of course- you should be moving slowly every day. Might even help with recovery.

GRAHAMV2 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you! Y'all are great!

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    You should ideally move slowly every day. LHT's I wouldn't do more than 3 days a week for no more than 1 hour a session. Just do yourself a favor - LHT BEFORE going for a walk or bike ride or something. You want maximum available strength for your workout to give 100% effort. Don't tire yourself beforehand. Besides, you'll burn fat better after LHT due to the increase in anabolic hormones.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAMV2 View Post
    I've read Mark's fitness e-book and I am excited to impliment this into my life, however, between my commute to work and going to school, I am finding it hard to fit everything in. Of course, I feel that means there is an underlying issue with my life in the first place (too busy & stressed!) but as I work that out I was wondering if it is possible to move slowly (say for about an hour) and do my Lift Heavy Things workout on the same day? I saw nothing in Mark's book that said otherwise
    Or you can just lift heavy things... slowly...

BODY BY SCIENCE TRAINING VIDEO 2 — TODD BEARD

ChiltonDom is offline Junior Member
    You should ideally move slowly every day

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    It all comes down to how you feel. If you are absolutely wiped out after lifting then rest would be more beneficial. If you are wanting to get out and do something then by all means do so. For me its both. Sometimes I'm shot after my training session and relaxation is the ticket. Other times I'm craving some good outdoor activity, so out I go. I have found that I've become much more in tune with my body and it lets me know when to "move slowly" not the other way around. In other words its not forced. Its more spontaneous.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find that our nightly walk seems to speed recovery on lifting days.