Thread: The Hadza page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

The Hadza

Primal Fuel
    In The Hadza, Frank Marlowe provides a quantitative ethnography of one of the last remaining societies of hunter-gatherers in the world. The Hadza, who inhabit an area of East Africa near the Serengeti and Olduvai Gorge, have long drawn the attention of anthropologists and archaeologists for maintaining a foraging lifestyle in a region that is key to understanding human origins. Marlowe ably applies his years of research with the Hadza to cover the traditional topics in ethnography--subsistence, material culture, religion, and social structure. But the book's unique contribution is to introduce readers to the more contemporary field of behavioral ecology, which attempts to understand human behavior from an evolutionary perspective. To that end, The Hadza also articulates the necessary background for readers whose exposure to human evolutionary theory is minimal.
    Amazon.com: The Hadza: Hunter-Gatherers of Tanzania (Origins of Human Behavior and Culture) (9780520253421): Frank Marlowe: Books

The Hadza: Hunter-Gatherers of Tanzania Origins of Human Behavior and Culture: Amazon.co.uk: Frank Marlowe: Books

Paleobird Guest
    Hmm. Interesting. I visited with these people when I was in Tanzania last year. They taught me how to shoot a bow and make fire with a stick.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Are you trying to make money as an Amazon associate? You just posted a summary of a book and didn't even say what you thought about it.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Are you trying to make money as an Amazon associate? You just posted a summary of a book and didn't even say what you thought about it.
    What I thought? It's crap.

As to your other comment -- if I were an Amazon affiliate, which i'm not, how would Amazon know I had referred anyone if I were to post their own bare URL with the product number, as I did there? How on earth? It's a mystery to me.

The links are there, both because Amazon is a source used by many people, and because it's an easy way of showing details about a book. If you want the book, but don't want to use Amazon, write the ISBN down and take it to the store you use. If you're not interested in the book, why did you post at all?

Paleobird Guest
    Why did you think they were crap? I haven't read either of the titles you cited. But I'm curious.

ETA : Oh, I guess it's only one book.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 05-23-2012 at 10:28 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

As to your other comment -- if I were an Amazon affiliate, which i'm not, how would Amazon know I had referred anyone if I were to post their own bare URL with the product number, as I did there? How on earth? It's a mystery to me.

The links are there, both because Amazon is a source used by many people, and because it's an easy way of showing details about a book. If you want the book, but don't want to use Amazon, write the ISBN down and take it to the store you use. If you're not interested in the book, why did you post at all?
    You should've said SOMETHING about it.

My mistake. I don't know how the affiliate system works. I don't like being blatantly sold something in an area that is not supposed to have advertisements. That's why I said something.

cattnmajky is offline Junior Member

Emilio Pucci bringer brights med nye pyton sm?tt tilbeh?r

Selv den stroppen p? denne posen er ganske snobbete. Alle Pulsvarmere jeg eier bruker en flat, tynt stykke l?r ? feste posen til h?ndleddet, men Burberry stedet valgte ? g? med en full-on valset l?rh?ndtak. Den lille ber?ring g?r en lang vei ? forklare hvordan uventet luksuri?se resten av posen er, fra de doble interi?r rom med en mobiltelefon sporet til tonal vevd l?r p? utsiden.

maurile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Why would you start a thread apparently pimping a book you think is cramp?