Thread: how do i make crunchy kale chips that dont fall apart page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

how do i make crunchy kale chips that dont fall apart

Shop Now
    Tried my hand at the last night and did everything i saw in recipes. I tore of the stems throughly dried the leaves tossed in oil and put on a baking sheet in a single layer and baked them. They didnt coke out crunchy but more crispy and unless i picked them up with care they just dicintegrated before getting to my mouth.

Help please.

HealthyGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    Tried my hand at the last night and did everything i saw in recipes. I tore of the stems throughly dried the leaves tossed in oil and put on a baking sheet in a single layer and baked them. They didnt coke out crunchy but more crispy and unless i picked them up with care they just dicintegrated before getting to my mouth.

Help please.
    Are you putting too much olive oil? What I do is wash, dry, and toss with VERY little olive oil. Then I bake at 375 for 17 minutes, turning & shaking the tray once halfway through. After they come out, I will put a little vinegar on them. Mine always come out crunchy. What temp & how long are you cooking? I had to play around a bit to get them crispy.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    1 Tbsp of olive/coconut/avacado oil per bunch of kale/swiss chard etc...Add your spices, mix thoroughly, then place on a cookie sheet and bake on lower heat(anywhere from 200-250). Usually takes about 15-20 minutes. Keep trying, but the lower the heat, the better. JMHO Good luck, and May the Grok be with you:-)

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I baked them at 350 for about 30 mins and for 2 sheets worth of chips i used 1 tbsp olive oil. Ill try the lower temp method tonight see if that is better.