Thread: Any recommendations for a DEXA scan provider in Boston, MA area? page

pklopp is offline Senior Member

Any recommendations for a DEXA scan provider in Boston, MA area?

Primal Fuel
    I'm playing with dietary parameters and would like a quantitative assessment of results real and anticipated!

Thanks!

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    no specific recommendations in your particular area although I have had luck with university sports medicine departments. Some in my area have grad students that do it at reduced prices to learn. Since you are in an area with lots of universities, I would look at some of their sports medicine web pages and see what you find.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    no specific recommendations in your particular area although I have had luck with university sports medicine departments. Some in my area have grad students that do it at reduced prices to learn. Since you are in an area with lots of universities, I would look at some of their sports medicine web pages and see what you find.
    Good idea, although, the notion of stepping in front of an ionizing radiation emitting device being run by students who don't quite know what they're doing ... can you say Therac-25?

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    Good idea, although, the notion of stepping in front of an ionizing radiation emitting device being run by students who don't quite know what they're doing ... can you say Therac-25?

-PK

Quick google search found this place:

Body Composition Analysis Center

but I just called them and they only scan research study participants. She said there is not one in MA that does publicly available scans but they are working on being able to do it.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5