Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the ladies: How to stay Primal during TOM? page

abt303 is offline Member

Question For the ladies: How to stay Primal during TOM?

Primal Fuel
    So my first week of eating Primal has honestly gone without a hitch. Until today. My TOM has hit and I am hormonal as all get out. Since we are allowed chocolate in moderation I purchased a small bar of 75% dark chocolate and indulged in 2 squares. It was nice, however this is when I really crave salty and refined carby foods. Any tips on how to squelch those cravings? Either something for dinner that may satisfy or even better, a non-food idea?

Today has been REALLY challenging. I'm eye-in the 2/3 remaining chocolate bar as I type...time to offer it to co-workers.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Increase my fat intake a few days before TOM and keep it higher throughout = no cravings.... I also do not bring any non-primal food in the house (except red wine).. which makes it easier to abstain.

Maybe higher fats would work for you too...
    Last edited by Metric; 05-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I allow myself to eat more, but not junk. Seems to work decently.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Mark recently posted about eating higher carb preceding your TOM: sweet potatoes are your friend!

Also, for your salt fix, try eating seaweed right out of the bag. Crunchy, chewy and salty. Does the trick for me. Iodine is critical for those of us with $@!#-ed cycles too.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I don't like sea-weed, but vegetable chips I make in dehydrator do the trick for me. Even more primal, I love crunchy cabbage, red or white with coarse salt and vinegar.

I do not get particular cravings much, just get hungry. or bloated, then I do not want to eat.

Hot bone broth is ever my go to comfort food.

For non-foods, stretch, meditation, steam-room and walks in the nature as well as weight-lifting or HIT cardio are my go to for any problem, any day of the month. Good thing they invented those convenient tampons.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

abt303 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Mark recently posted about eating higher carb preceding your TOM: sweet potatoes are your friend!
    Good to know for next month! I love sweet potatoes too.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I feel that any chocolate eaten during that time of your cycle is completely allowable, and adds no weight or sugar spikes to your life. If it is chocolate with bacon, so much the better. If we're going to be cycling throughout the month, we might as well enjoy the high points.
    That said, I have found my cravings are getting less each month, and my over-eating of shorter duration.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, Ive never noticed any difrences in my appitite. before primal or after.. nope... appitites about the same.. dont crave anything in perticular.. (sometimes crave salmon but that dosent seem to have anything to do with TOM)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I accept that my body seems to want more carbs and more food in general leading up to my period. My appetite tends to drop off right after, so I end up with a month-long eating cycle that seems to work okay for me. I just make sure to eat good carbs (sweet potatoes and the like). Also, kale chips work for me on the salty cravings and have the added bonus of lots of good nutrients from the kale. I also keep good quality chocolate around so that I don't feel any need to eat junky sweets.

As Leida said, staying active helps too. I also tend to sleep more.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    kale chips, dark chocolate, pork rinds, red wine, almond butter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast