Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Attraction page 33

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I find that all/mostly female work environments can be either fantastic or horrific. I really prefer ones with a strong male presence to balance that dynamic. And I like men.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yes that sort of thing is quite a bit of fun, but there aren't a lot of opportunities like that which are tolerant enough of children to make it work.
    The lady that was running it had her little girl strapped to her, but she's still pretty little, so there wasn't any running around. It would be harder with older kids, since you can't really tell them to go outside and not bother you for a while Or sit them down with their own chores.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i like men, too. i have to admit, many women fit the stereotype, i just don't think it *has* to be that way, or that i'm somehow less feminine because i don't (which is what's implied when people argue that it's biologically driven).

for a few years i worked as a volunteer in a food cooperative. we had a back playroom for the kids and most of the customers thought the arrangement was pretty awesome. older kids could come up and help or do their own thing. but the whole thing was kind of ruined by parents whose kids run wild with a lack of supervision: toys in the playroom are destroyed within a matter of a few days of arrival, kids sometimes run wild throughout the store and knock stuff of of shelving, things like that. plus there were a few customers who'd get really annoyed by the mere presence of children and complain that we needed to act like a normal store. it would've been nice to continue working there if it wasn't for the few ruining it for the whole. in exchange for our time, we got to be a part of a working community, teach our children about public behavior and service, and get deep discounts on groceries.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-31-2012 at 12:39 PM.

kenn is offline Senior Member

i'm not saying this is true of all women, but if you're in a relationship where the man holds most of the power* (which describes most of the male-female relationships throughout history up until recently), .
    still playing the bs patriarchy card i see.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

i like men, too. i have to admit, many women fit the stereotype, i just don't think it *has* to be that way, or that i'm somehow less feminine because i don't (which is what's implied when people argue that it's biologically driven).
    Huh, there's a reason we get along I believe I'm all woman. But there are many times I feel manlier than the men I'm around. I have a lot of feminine attributes, but when it comes to the average man or the average woman to spend time with- I'm more likely to pick the man. Although I am getting more comfortable around women.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    blah blah blah
    ignored. for the inability to have a rational discussion without being insulting.

ignored. for the inability to have a rational discussion without being insulting.
    It wasn't an insult.

Attacking your point is not an ad hominem.

Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    I agree with his implication though, in refuting the idea that men have some kind of power by virtue of their maleness anymore. In ethnic enclaves yeah, but in the typical ol' national home, the opposite is true.
    I disagree entirely with the concept that men somehow ruled their homes as if they had complete power equal to despots in the US. Most of the points brought up to counter this are based on the presentism fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    I agree with his implication though, in refuting the idea that men have some kind of power by virtue of their maleness anymore. In ethnic enclaves yeah, but in the typical ol' national home, the opposite is true.
    generally speaking, i agree with you there. but if anyone's trying to refute what i've said, they need to make it more specific.

I refute your point that men hold most of the power in the relationship as if it were innate. Power is given or taken, but mostly it's given.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast