Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare feet hurts. whats up? page

Warmbear is offline Senior Member

Bare feet hurts. whats up?

Shop Now
    Heya

I dont understand whats going on, mayhaps someone can exshplain it to me.

The soles of my feet are so sensitive and uncomfortable that going barefoot, even in the house is not fun. I am not ticklish but walking barefoot hurts, no matter on what surface. Soft grass or hardwood floors makes me cringe, sand is ok but packed dirt hurts like a bitch and forget anything rougher, it is agony.

I feel clumsy and stiff if I try to walk on the lawn as it hurts but I keep trying, I do my exercises barefoot and pad about the house sock less as well. Nothing is helping.

Help.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

greenshady is offline Member
    How long have you been going at it? It takes a while for you to get used to going without shoes. The first time I went for a 15-minute barefooted walk, my feet were sore for three days. It took me about another week of walking outside barefoot to get accustomed to it enough to go more than 30 minutes. Even then, my feet would get a little sore. It just takes time, and it will take varying amounts of time for different people.

Hmm all my life? Since I found MDA have I been really been trying but this is an all my life thing. I love the idea of barefoot and have suffered all my life. I cant make 15 min walking barefoot. I can't make it 5 min, 20 feet is agony. walking from the changing room to the indoors pool is uncomfortable.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Remember your feet are a seething cauldron - an absolute hotbed of nerves. Everything ends there, after all. (Of course, it loops around, but you know what I mean.) Feet are extremely sensitive. It takes time - lots of time.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Aww warmbear ...feet have a lot of nerve endings and can be very sensitive. I have walked barefoot all my life around the house and outside in the garden so I guess I am used to it but it does hurt like a SOB if I walk on gravelly surfaces or stones.

Can you explain 'hurts' a bit more? is it a stabbing pain? burning pain? tingling? does it hurt when you have socks on? and have you ever had this pain when in shoes?

Just might help pinpoint it a little more
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

My feet tingle uncomfortably much of the time barefoot but not in socks. No idea why. Pain when I step on something is sharp and clear and it hurts no mater what I stand on. dry ground with grass is lumpy and each lump causes the pain but to a lower intensity. Smooth cement is very hard and causes lots of points of pain, any lumps hurts a lot more intensely.

This morning I stepped on a power cord from a lamp and it hurt clear and sharp.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I lot of it could be down to your size, I'm about 235lbs and I've lost 35lbs so far and that has made a lot of difference to how much I feel stuff, and relate to a lot of what you say about lumps in grass and stones on concrete. I would say it could be combination of more sensitive than normal feet and being heavy
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    If you wear just socks indoors as much as possible, that should help the soles of your feet toughen up over time.

The shape of your feet could be another factor, especially if you are quite flat-footed.

I've always felt comfortable going barefoot, but I have high arches and short wide duck-shaped feet, pretty much as per the 'primal' shape. The downside is that it's difficult finding comfy shoes that I like.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    My feet tend to 'tingle' when the muscles are tenser than usual(which they become from time to time when I forget to stretch). For me, a short and tense muscle WILL tingle - and they'll cause pain. What if you don't put any weight on the foot? Can you be barefoot without putting it down? i'd place a foot in my lap and massage it a little - get a feel for what hurts and what doesn't. Can you flex it up and down? Get your fingers between your toes? Can you stretch them with shoes on? Are your archs too high or too low? Are there any tendons that feel high-strung when you feel through them?

greenshady is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Hmm all my life? Since I found MDA have I been really been trying but this is an all my life thing. I love the idea of barefoot and have suffered all my life. I cant make 15 min walking barefoot. I can't make it 5 min, 20 feet is agony. walking from the changing room to the indoors pool is uncomfortable.
    You've been trying to walk barefooted your entire life but have had problems? This might not be what you want to hear, but you might want to see a doctor that specializes in feet (not sure what you call those doctors). If your feet haven't gotten used to it over many years, there might be some issues you need to have checked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast