Thread: an interesting little video about malnutrition page

maranne is online now Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I just watched a nice little video on malnutrition. It is originally intended for you adults but that didn't stop me from watching it.

I am wondering what you think about it considering the advice at the end of it?

M

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p>How to feed the world ? from Denis van Waerebeke on Vimeo.</p>

maranne is online now Senior Member

I am sorry...what rubbish did I post!!

here is the link, hopefully working this time!

http://vimeo.com/8812686

M x

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

It was really good until the very end. Ugh, vegetarian agenda everywhere you look nowadays.

Anyway, I feel that part of this way of eating (namely trying to eat grass fed as much as possible) is that you&#39;re supporting local or semi-local farmers and their sustainable methods. I buy grass fed meat from a one-man 100% grass fed farm when I can. It&#39;s sort of my little, and possibly insignificant, role.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

If that gets shown to children, health will continue to decline, and the planet will continue to be wasted. Lierre Keith (The Vegetarian Myth) would have a fit.

1. pasture-fed beef uses less water and energy and chemicals than growing lentils

2. pasture-fed beef is overwhelmingly healthier to eat than lentils

3. the elephant in the room, conveniently COMPLETELY UNMENTIONED: you cannot keep doubling population and then call for doubling food production generation after generation, instead of reducing the birth rate. You run out of planet. Then even lentil-eating people (already suffering from malnutrition) will perish.

4. On the other hand, if you feed everyone a vegan diet, especially containing soy, they will become infertile (along with a host of other problems) and they will live very short lives. Low fat diets are associated with double the deaths from violence and suicide, for instance. And so many people will die of disease and violence, and so few will have children at all, let alone healthy children, that the population will crash. Then people will have enough pasture for animals again. And "tofu" will be a dirty word.

Personally, I prefer birth control and more power for women to control their family size. And grass-fed free range animals, on pastures not ruined by agrichemicals and not requiring multiple gallons of diesel fuel per pound of usable food.