Thread: Already??! page

WendyLady is offline Junior Member

Cool Already??!

Primal Fuel
    I'm still so new to all of this - I started with paleo only three weeks ago, but a week ago I found this site & loved the approach so tweaked accordingly.

Today I went to yoga - hadn't been in more than a week - and was AMAZING! I did things I have NEVER been able to do! I had all kinds of new-found strength and even flexibility.

This week has been so ODD - with blowing it only four days in, not working out properly. But it's working! Even with my imperfection it is working.

Besides the physical, I'm finding I'm so much more able to focus. I am taking Arabic classes (I live in the middle east) and I have been really struggling in this 2nd level. It's been horrible, dragging through classes feeling like an idiot, unable to remember anything. Now I've been studying with a clear head, able to focus all the way through class.

I hardly know what to say. With only 11 pounds lost, so new to this - I'm already seeing a version of myself I never knew existed. A better version.

Hi, WendyLady. Nice to meet you.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Hello from Frankfurt. My parents lived in Muscat until last year, so I know it quite well. Great place! Some really nice Indian food there to, esp. Woodlands and Mumtaz Mahal.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    WendyLady,

I think it is possible to see such positive results so quickly. I've been doing this about 8 weeks, and I notice doing much better at the gym. Not to mention, I'm much more clear thinking. I always tease myself, stating "parting of my charm is my nuttiness". If I keep going I'm probably going to have to come up with actual charm

Congrats on the good results, 11 pounds is awesome!

Jennifer

WendyLady is offline Junior Member
    @Jennifer... that made me laugh.

@billp... I looooooooove Woodlands. Haven't been to mumtaz. W is where I discovered dosa - which will now have to be a very rare treat. Mmmmmm... doooosssssaaaaa.

Darn if it isn't getting hot again here, though. Phew!

billp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLady View Post
    @Jennifer... that made me laugh.

@billp... I looooooooove Woodlands. Haven't been to mumtaz. W is where I discovered dosa - which will now have to be a very rare treat. Mmmmmm... doooosssssaaaaa.

Darn if it isn't getting hot again here, though. Phew!
    Woodlands is really the perfect resturant. Small but perfectly formed, great food, staff attentive and welcoming. They deserve their high reputation. Mumtaz Mahal is the other end of the scale - view over the bay, big high ceiling, live Indian music. Not as intimate as Woodlands but even more upmarket. Reputation as the best restaurant in town. Also, I highly recommend afternoon tea at the Al-Bustan Palace. As good as anything in England, and with real scones, jam and clotted cream - not easy in that heat. Astonishing interior, like a big golden jewel six stories high. Someone has seriously sat there and thought about how to spend the largest amount of money possible on an interior, then made it even more so.