Thread: Anybody have a good calisthenics/home workout cardio routine? page

AMonkey is offline Senior Member

Anybody have a good calisthenics/home workout cardio routine?

Shop Now
    Usually I would go to the gym and/or do muay thai but they're not options atm. Just need something to do at home, to get my heart rate up and sweating. I used body by fish a few years ago, is there anything more "up to date"? I've heard of p90x and insanity, I'm basically talking to myself since body by fish workout is fine (pullups, push ups, squat jumps, etc).

MprDoc is offline Senior Member
    Check out a guy names Ross Enamit - RossTraining.com Blog. He has book called Ultimate Guide to Warrior Fitness that is great when just want some knarly body weight routines. Insanity is good to but P90x requires some weights or bands if your in shape. Insanity is really tough.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Usually I would go to the gym and/or do muay thai but they're not options atm. Just need something to do at home, to get my heart rate up and sweating. I used body by fish a few years ago, is there anything more "up to date"? I've heard of p90x and insanity, I'm basically talking to myself since body by fish workout is fine (pullups, push ups, squat jumps, etc).
    The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution: The Slow Motion Exercise That Will Change ... - Fredrick Hahn, Michael R. Eades, Mary Dan Eades - Google Books

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    I like a few possibilities I developed over a period where I spent way too much time as a road warrior (up to 80% travel) --

1. burpee pyramids 1 - 2 - 3 - ... - 10 - 9 - 8 ... -1 total 100 burpees (these are crossfit style burpees)
    2. up to 5 rounds of 5 exercises; pick from:
    -- air squats
    -- pushups
    -- butterfly situps (lie back, feet with their soles together tucked up as close to your butt as possible - preferably done over a folded over towel like an abmat)
    -- door handle "pullups" (pick a door with substantial hinges - wrap a towel around the handles - good grip work)
    -- twists (I do standing ones, but Russian twists are good)
    -- walking lunges (forward AND backward - oooohhhh!!)
    -- ice skaters (SEAL grinder PT - plyometric jumps - YouTube -- see the 1:00 point in the video)
    -- or pick 5 good exercises for you

Lots of possibilities at SEAL Grinder PT
    Last edited by Annlee; 05-22-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: bad url