Thread: IF Training? page

GermanoYoneda is offline Junior Member

IF Training?

Shop Now
    hello, this is my first post, I am the primal two months back after a relapse, I'm afraid of muscle loss then I wonder if fasting train legs and shoulders and finish with a HIIT (total length of 50 ~ 60 minutes) . all fasted for 16 hours or more, so the peak gH was more even then I ask you lose muscle?
    apologies for the spelling errors ... (I'm brazilian)

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    If you are breaking the fast at some point in the hour(s) following the workout I don't think it would be a problem. I have no problem doing resistance or HIT training on 16-22hr fast. The only thing I am not sure of is you doing both resistance and HIIT, but I think it would be fine as long as you have the energy to do it properly.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    It's fine to do on occasion. If you're doing it all the time, you might want to take some BCAAs pre-workout. But don't fall into the trap, like I did, of feeling like you HAVE to work out fasted. You still reap great benefits to lifting weights regardless of when your last meal was.

trippplez is offline Member
    If you want to reassure your goals of fasting AND training, read "Eat Stop Eat" by Brad Pilon, or at least listen to some of the author's interviews (for instance from the Fat Burning Man podcast).

Ridge Runner is offline Junior Member
    With regards to I.F. and I.F. Training, I suggest that you check out this site: leangains

I currently fast for 16-19 hrs daily, and I train fasted whenever possible. It is important to take in 10grams of instantized BCAAs 5-15 minutes before training fasted. And if you are not eating shortly after training, take in 10grams of BCAAs every 2 hours after training (see this page).
    Last edited by Ridge Runner; 06-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.