Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TStreich Primal Journal page

TStreich is offline Junior Member

TStreich Primal Journal

I decided to start a journal to help keep me motivated and on track. My Husband, Corey, and I have been Primal since May 25th, 2012. We are fast approaching our 2 month weigh in/measure date. The first month we lost several inches. I lost 5 3/4" and he lost 6 3/4". Most of what we lost was in our midsections. We feel better than we have in years and can see the changes happening.

I was a chronic dieter. I was always counting calories or points. We started our weigh loss journey together on January 2012 after I had dieted myself back up to 167.5 lbs and he was also unhappy with his weight. We started by joining a gym and watching our portions and gave up artificial sweeteners. That was going good until we kind of leveled out. Then we started counting calories and we started to see more progress for a bit and then that started to level out and we felt hungry. My husband asked our trainer what he suggested. He said go Paleo. He explained what it was all about to Corey and told him to go to MDA. Corey sent me a message at work saying he is thinking of trying this. I got on MDA and read about it. It just clicked and I said lets go for it. The next day we went primal and haven't looked back.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2008 and it really was controlling my life. When I gave up artificial sweeteners in Jan it made a big difference in my Fibro. When I went Primal it disappeared! Haven't had a flare in nearly 2 months. Which is amazing!!!! But sad to realize my fibro was self inflicted by what I ate and I had wasted so much time being in pain. But I just am concentrating on that fact it is gone and I am off all meds! I recommend this to anyone I know that has fibro!

We do the 80/20 approach. We find that works for us. Most days we are probably more like 95%. This last week or so we both were more laxed about it. But it is a new week and we talked about areas we have been getting weak in and are fixing that. Both of us snacked more than we should have and on things that were not paleo. Easy to fix. And we didn't work out like we normally would have. So this week those are goals to get back on track by less snacks and having paleo snacks, and back to our workouts. Life gets in the way sometimes but you have to deal with it and work around it not use it as an excuse. It is great having each other to keep us honest and motivated. This has been so fun doing together.

Today my menu:

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs and 2 pieces of bacon
    Snack: Almonds (small handful) and coffee with creamer
    Supper tonight: Steak with asparagus wrapped in bacon

I have my re assessment at the gym tonight to check my progress. I will enter the results tomorrow.
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

Well had my assessment at the gym yesterday. It went really well. It showed I am down 10lbs and 6% loss of body fat. My strength and flexibility also improved. I wish I would have started Paleo when we started the gym. We have been at the gym since the beginning of Jan and started Paleo April 25th. Excited to see where this will lead me. I feel so much better and so happy to be off all my fibro meds!!! This weekend my in-laws are coming from my Son's graduation. We are planning to grill and make them a paleo meal. They will be primal this weekend!!!
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

Blyde is offline Junior Member
    Great job so far. I am so happy to here that you are doing so well. Congrats to your son and congrats to you that you are off your meds. I have pcos and im waiting for the day that I feel good enough about myself that I can stop my meds as well. I will be following you posts.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations for so many reasons! Wow. Fibro free for 2 months! That's amazing! Congrats on the 10 lbs lost. 6% body fat is huge!

I look forward to following your journal.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thank you Blyde and Jenn. Last week was a bad week. Hubby and I both indulged in not primal snacks and even pizza. I am paying for that now. Between my hormones needing to balance out since going primal and our bad week I am feeling really bloated and puffy. So we decided we are fasting until breakfast tomorrow. This will be my 3rd fast. I think it will help my body come through this.

Today I did pilates. I think on my pilates days I need to go early and do a little cardio or something. It just doesn't seem like enough of a work out. Mainly because the pilates class I go to does more stretching moves then strength building pilates moves. I love the class but think I need to add more to it. My hubby has been pushing to me to try sprinting. I know it is the primal thing to do I just hate running. But I am going to give it a try. I really like most forms of working out just not running unless it is in a sport. I do Zumba 1 to 2 times a week for my cardio and was doing spin classes but got bored with that. In spin we did do sprints though. So maybe I need to do one day a week spin and one day zumba? Hmmm something to think about. I was doing 4-5 work outs a week but the last two weeks it has only been 3 times. I know 3 times a week is acceptible but I don't think the intensity was enough to do only 3 times a week. I lifted free weights and worked my abs on Monday, Zumba on Tues, and Pilates on Weds and that was it for the week. I am thinking I need to increase intensity on my weight lifting days and pilates if I am only going to do 3 workouts that week. Normally I would have added another Zumba class or Body Flow (yoga, pilates & TiChi) as my 4th workout for the week depending on which day I went. Any thoughts? My hubby and I are moving back to Minnesota (upper MN) in July and want to try crossfit. I checked into it and the closest one is 60 miles and I didn't realize how expensive it is. So we will see where that goes. I know we would both love it and would get results fast. Ok enough rambling.

This weekend our menu for when the in-laws are there.

Sat
    Breakfast: Eggs and Bacon ofcourse
    Lunch: BAS
    Dinner: Burgers wrapped with romaine lettuce
    Sweetpotaos, asparagus wrapped in bacon

Sunday:
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (peppers and such) and bacon
    Lunch: Salad and veggies
    Then they are heading home. Hoping they realize how great eating this way is.
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

You can sprint on a bike or a rower or stair stepper or elliptical. Sprinting doesn't have to be running.

Thank That is what I have thinking that their are other ways to sprint. Today I did Zumba and had a great workout. I am always wiped when I get done and feel it all over. Great core, arms, legs and cardio workout. They are going to be adding Zumba Toning class early June. Can't wait to try it. Going to miss this gym when we move. Need to find another one that is just as great. Tomorrow is Body Flow day which I love. Then come home to do the final cleaning before Graduation weekend at our house.

So fasting helped big time. I lost all the bloating!!!! I feel like myself again. Tomorrow is our measure day and I feel much more confident now that I got rid of that bloating. Will be posting results tomorrow.

My Hubby, Corey, has his reassessment today at the gym. I am sure his numbers are going to be amazing! He has come so far!!! Can't wait to see his results on paper.

We are both just loving our new life! There is no going back for us! Life is GOOD!!!
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

So today day was our 60 day measure day. Pretty happy with the results. Even though I know they would have been better if it wasn't for a bad week. But we have rebounded and back on track. You can see how it all breaks down below. This month I am down 3.5 inches and total down 9.25 inches! Super excited!!! Can't wait to see what the next 30 days will bring. I highly suggest measuring yourself as it shows your progress better than a scale.

3/25/2012 4/25/2012 Difference 5/25/2012 Difference Total Loss
    Arm 13.25 12.75 0.5 12.75 0 0.5
    Waist 30 28.5 1.5 27.5 1 2.5
    Midsection 34 32 2 31.25 0.75 2.75
    Thigh 24.75 24.75 0 23.75 1 1
    Hips 41 40.25 0.75 39.75 0.5 1.25
    Chest 37.25 36.25 1 36 0.25 1.25
    Total 180.25 174.5 5.75 171 3.5 9.25

My Hubby is also down 9.5 inches total.

Today my in-laws are coming into town for my youngest's Graduation. I am excited for them to try our Primal Lifestyle for the weekend and hopefully will spark a change for them to Primal!!!! I just don't understand why people are resistant. You get to eat REAL food instead of diet blah processed crap and you lose fat and weight and get healthy. WIN WIN if you ask me lol. I won't go back.
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

Because it's more work to eat real fresh foods... you have to find them when they're still good enough to eat (veggies) or that will last until ready to eat, you have to clean them and cut them up, you have to cook them as they don't come precooked (think frozen veggies or canned veggies). Pasta is fast... again, precooked.

eating like this requires planning and work. No one wants to work anymore, even though it means the food is WAY better!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh... got on my soapbox and forgot to congratulate you on your losses! 9.25 inches is a huge loss! And in 2 months no less! WOW! Great job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast