Thread: Picking a doctor

Picking a doctor

Shop Now
    I just moved and need to pick a new doctor. Any advice on how to choose one?

Don't believe in doctors except in cases of emergency. You should be your own doctor.

I don't believe in that. I think it's still good to get regular checkups, blood/urine work, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    Don't believe in doctors except in cases of emergency. You should be your own doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by elektro View Post
    I just moved and need to pick a new doctor. Any advice on how to choose one?
    That's tough. Ideally, your personal doctor should know you for a long time, and even be a friend. But that is so difficult to achieve these days.

I picked my latest doctor after booking a check-up, and then "interviewing" her to make sure she was a low-prescriber and several other factors.

Shop Now
    Would love to read some tips on this front. I haven't been to the doctor in about 5 years and am itching to get some kind of formal checkup in the coming months - especially since I've made so many changes to my diet. I can always go off the advice of friends or coworkers, I suppose, but would prefer to know if there are any tell tale signs or things that might make it a better, long term fit.