Thread: After one week page

Rozzell is offline Junior Member

After one week

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After this first week I'm going pretty strong, don't really have any cravings like the last time I did low/no carb when I initially lost 60 lbs, but I'm not wanting that this time. I'm getting married in a couple of months and just want to look good for my future wife.

Only thing that is kind of alarming to me is that before I used to be hungry all the time, like if I didn't eat every three hours I got cranky and upset. Now, I have no cravings, for anything really. I eat only because I know I should eat. but other than that I'm not hungry at all.

I guess what I'm asking is, is this normal? To not be hungry throughout the day at all?

Thanks for your input!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Remember this is not about being low/no carb. It is about heating healthy whole foods. Going lower cal does seem to help with weight loss.

It sounds like you are learning to listen to your body. If you are eating lots of meat, fat and healthy veg you will have fewer craving so enjoy the journey.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Rozzell is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I'm eating fruits vegetables, Meats, animal fats, nuts and seeds, basically everything that is mentioned in the primal blueprint, but I just wanted to make sure this is normal. The headaches are gone and I feel great honestly. Way more energy than before. I also lost 8 lbs since the last time I got on the scale.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I can relate, I'm into my 4th week and whenever I tell people I'm doing the primal thing, they assume I feel extremely deprived. Not the case at all. I still have full-fat dairy such as cheese or Greek yogurt, and treat myself to some 85-90% dark chocolate, but that's about it. I've had zero cravings since I started it, and while it's a tad annoying to have severely limited options for food when eating out, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. This is in sharp contrast to my previous approach to eating (everything in moderation, watching my calorie intake, etc). It's a very different experience.