Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Against Foam Rolling page

Against Foam Rolling

Article from diesel crew advises against foam rolling, please read and comment!

Huh? It's like getting a massage....

Oops. The article would not pull up from your link.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

looks like SPAM to me. member just joined today too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Mr B Guest

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

that is quite an odd pdf... do a lot of people on the PB "foam roll"? I don't get how it applies.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

All of my weight-lifting 'pals' "Swear" by it.

For me, I don't do it. But I did have a major knot in my upper-shoulder area and I used a tennis ball and a wall to 'roll' it out (like a concentrated sports massage). It totally worked and I was able to lift weights the next day.

I don't see what the fuss would be about 'being against foam-rolling'. It's perfectly harmless.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I don't get how it applies to PB either but, hey, it sure did wonders for my iliotibial band syndrome when I was running alot.

62shelby Guest

Got one but dont use it, prefer the tennis ball to get the knot out of the dodgy piriformis.

Adam Steer Guest

Here's my-totally unscientific-take on this.

I like to ponder on these things in terms of what Grok would likely have done. But it's impossible to say really isn't it?

However, what do WE do when we have a sore spot? We move it through it's full range of motion and we poke, prod and rub the heck out of it. So it seems like a natural part of the healing process.

IMO, the foam roll is just a tool to help with that natural inclination. But what's often missing is a systematic tool for taking the joint through it's ROM. Because of our lifestyles, we lose part of that natural movement instinct. That's why it's important to engage in some form of joint health & mobility program like Intu-Flow.

Cheers,

Adam

AdamKayce is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I love my foam roller. It has saved my bacon too many times to count. I use it each time I work out, and it has been a god-send for my tight hams, IT band (oh yeah, I used to have problems with my IT band - thanks, foam roller!), and calves.

Lesson: forget the haters. If it sounds good to you, try it, see if it works for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast