Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga of a Mad God page 29

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    *worships at cori's feet accordingly*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Nope... embarrassed at the silly testosterone bully stuff either way.
    You mean his stuff, right? Because all I really did was tell him to be polite (loudly, mwahahaha!). I didn't even take the rack even though he probably would've given it if I asked at that point.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    You mean his stuff, right? Because all I really did was tell him to be polite (loudly, mwahahaha!). I didn't even take the rack even though he probably would've given it if I asked at that point.
    Yes...
    Telling a bully to back the f*k off is always acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    *worships at cori's feet accordingly*
    **blushes coyly**
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yeah but I am ashamed of what happened next. My friend (who I workout with) came in at the end and tried to get me to leave the gym. I mean, he was acting condescendingly (he's a real holier than thou bible thumper with some narcissistic tendencies but he usually tries to do what he thinks is right) but calling him a dick was probably a bit much.
    Ah well, can't be helped. He really knows how treating me like an idiot will turn out (I'm actually smarter than him. Not being full of myself, it's an objective fact) and yet he still insists on doing it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I didn't yell at him. We were muttering and in a separate room, so it didn't look like I was a raving lunatic.
    Last edited by Alex Good; 10-06-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has a different comfort zone... some can't handle any confrontation at all, even if you are calling out someone else for being a prick. That sounds like your friend...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Eh, I think it has more to do with people always subconsciously thinking of me as a child. Don't get me wrong, it works in my favour often enough as well (people always give me free stuff and seem to buy it when I act innocent) but it's sometimes annoying when you have a point to get across.

Every once in a while I start to suspect that I have some sort of super cognitive dissonance/split personality disorder.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    No worries, I think I do too
    I think you just have to consistently give great advice or say something really profound every time you switch into "adult mode." Works for me after people get to know me.

It's not something like childish/mature. I don't know quite how to explain it but it feels like a split personality disorder without the memory loss.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    No worries, I think I do too
    I think you just have to consistently give great advice or say something really profound every time you switch into "adult mode." Works for me after people get to know me.
    Oops, I thought that was a reply to the split personality thing, not the people thinking of me as a kid thing. No,
    while my personality does change from time to time I generally don't act terribly childish.

I think it's a combination of people trying to write off what I say (it's similar to when you guys get brushed off as having a good metabolism after losing weight the non CW way) and me having quite a few neotenous features. This creates a subconscious assumption that people can treat me like a kid.
    Last edited by Alex Good; 10-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast