Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga of a Mad God page 23

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I always put people into one of three categories.
    Friends: I do everything I can to protect them.
    Enemies: I do everything I can to mess them up.
    Prey: I generally don't care how well they're doing as long as I get whatever I want from them.

Of course some people might mistake which category they're in.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

ARGH! I finished the Ranma 1/2 manga and now I'm bored!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Things always work out for me. I just ran out of food and I get paid tomorrow. And even though I only had enough food to last me half of last month I didn't miss a day of feasting.
    My life makes no sense.

So the english dub of InuYasha (The Final Act) comes out this November. As of right now I'm officially resuming hope for the rest of Ranma 1/2.
    Also while this post appears to be calmly written I am in reality fangirl squealing.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    No offense, but how old are you and what is your ethnicity? It's pretty cool that you're into anime, especially ones by Takahashi. What exactly is it about these anime compared to others that really appeal to you?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    No offense, but how old are you and what is your ethnicity? It's pretty cool that you're into anime, especially ones by Takahashi. What exactly is it about these anime compared to others that really appeal to you?
    21 And mostly Irish with a bit of Scottish, Norwegian, German and English mixed in. And I've never really thought about what I like about those two specifically. I know I like swords and gender bending makes me laugh like crazy but the romantic side of them is what really makes for a complete story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    21 And mostly Irish with a bit of Scottish, Norwegian, German and English mixed in. And I've never really thought about what I like about those two specifically. I know I like swords and gender bending makes me laugh like crazy but the romantic side of them is what really makes for a complete story.
    Haha I found Kagome to be incredibly annoying and stopped with Inuyasha after like the 15th book. She doesn't grate on your nerves? =S

I did like Ranma 1/2 for a long time, too, though. It is pretty hilarious...kind of fell off the wagon after all the situations started melding together though...

Any other anime/manga that you've liked in the past?

I started reading Black Cat and Rurouni Kenshin years ago but never really finished them. Outside of Takahashi's works I don't really know of too many really good ones. I'll read whatever seems to be interesting on the surface (1/2 Prince and Bleach recently but bleach got a bit repetitive) but I haven't found anything really great yet. Any suggestions?

Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note, the first arc only, are some of my favorites. They're not as perverted, though; not sure if you were looking for a taste of that ;P

I'm also loyal to Naruto; I just want the damn manga to finish so that i can move on. It's not that bad, but it drags a lot towards the middle-end. Not as much as Bleach, though (I quit this one a long time ago!).

Gender-bender-wise, you might like Akane Chan Overdrive because it has some romance mixed in with Ranma 1/2-style humor. It's a pretty short series, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Also while this post appears to be calmly written I am in reality fangirl squealing.
    How much fangirl squealing are you doing while this young lady talks about anime?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast