Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga of a Mad God page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I'm switching my dog to a raw meat diet. Should I use cooked meat as an intermediary step just in case the kibble compromised his immune system?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    hmm..i think so. i don't think i'd give my cats raw meat on a regular basis, with the exception of raw bones. i think there's too much potential for illness and a lot of pooping everywhere. domesticated dogs/cats probably don't have the gut flora to be immune to pathogens like wild dogs/cats might be. if you do start your dog on raw meat, i'd consider giving him a strong probiotic for a few weeks before switching to raw. something containing L. reuteri and another containing L. rhamnosus. these help prevent E.coli and salmonella from getting a foothold in the intestines, though they won't do jack for parasites.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-27-2012 at 12:54 PM.

back to music, also a big fan of the Wailin' Jennys

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    back to music, also a big fan of the Wailin' Jennys

Beautiful... and ouch... and awesome... and I go cry now.
    Yeah, that means it was GOOD.

For me... "Country music' bad.... Bluegrass, SO the exact opposite!
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-27-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

oh and this one!!

one day, i will be making music like this. i just have to figure out how and find some cool people who can too! that will probably be sometime after i buy and learn to play a 5-string violin.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-27-2012 at 01:11 PM.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    So I'm switching my dog to a raw meat diet. Should I use cooked meat as an intermediary step just in case the kibble compromised his immune system?
    the first time i gave my dogs dead animals, i handed them some duck parts and hovered nervously, hoping they wouldn't choke to death

but they took to it like pros

the next day poo was small and compact

i say give the dog a raw chicken wing and watch him try to figure things out, then crack the bones in a delirium of ecstatic joy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

So I have a question for the few of you crazy enough to actually read this thread. Do you think training through random bouts of exercise and lots of play is enough?
    For example, this week I've only really done a few pushups, pullups and shoulder presses for weight training and those were all at extremely random times. On the other hand I've gone tree climbing and smashed/thrown stuff several times (don't worry, I wasn't throwing a fit). I'm enjoying this method of being active much more than specific training all of the time so at the moment I plan on continuing with it.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Wow nevermind, blog post on this today. Lol.

Bah. I bought some cheese over the weekend and I can literally feel it clouding my mind. You know when you try to look through prescription glasses without needing them? That distortion thing? That, but with my mind.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So brown fat is positively correlated with bone mineral density and it keeps you from needing to shiver at mildly cold temperatures. My bones don't break and I don't shiver. My conclusion is that I have a lot of brown fat.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast